ASRock 939 Dual and BIOS

News_Reader

I want to update bios, and using a boot disk, as I have a win98, boot disk,
and used that to boot then ran the ASRFLASH .exe, but got an error message
that file not found?

Do I need a XP boot disk? Where can I find one?

Or am I doing something else wrong?

thankyou

Stephan Grossklass

News_Reader schrieb:

> I want to update bios, and using a boot disk, as I have a win98, boot disk,
> and used that to boot then ran the ASRFLASH .exe, but got an error message
> that file not found?
>
> Do I need a XP boot disk? Where can I find one?
>
> Or am I doing something else wrong?

Probably the flasher wants some command line arguments, most notably the
name of the BIOS image to flash. Consult its help screen (/? or -?), or
a readme if provided.

Stephan
--
Home: http://stephan.win31.de/
PC#6: i440BX, 2xP3-500E, 704 MiB, 250+80 GB, R9k AGP 64 MiB, 110W

Peter van der Goes

"News_Reader" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I want to update bios, and using a boot disk, as I have a win98, boot disk,
>and used that to boot then ran the ASRFLASH .exe, but got an error message
>that file not found?
>
> Do I need a XP boot disk? Where can I find one?
>
> Or am I doing something else wrong?
>
> thankyou

What does ASRock say you need to do? Follow their instructions (and use
their utility, if any) for updating the BIOS.
As you don't say which ASRock Socket 939 motherboard you have, this may not
be the correct link:

http://www.asrock.com.tw/support/index_BIOS_INS.htm

News_Reader

Right!. I missed the bios number as 939DM21.20 when typing it in, I was
using 939DM2120, which could not be found. Bios is now updated. Such a
little thing...

"News_Reader" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I want to update bios, and using a boot disk, as I have a win98, boot disk,
>and used that to boot then ran the ASRFLASH .exe, but got an error message
>that file not found?
>
> Do I need a XP boot disk? Where can I find one?
>
> Or am I doing something else wrong?
>
> thankyou

Roy Coorne

News_Reader schrieb:
> Right!. I missed the bios number as 939DM21.20 when typing it in, I was
> using 939DM2120, which could not be found. Bios is now updated. Such a
> little thing...

Factor x100 only:-)

sdlomi2

"Roy Coorne" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> News_Reader schrieb:
>> Right!. I missed the bios number as 939DM21.20 when typing it in, I was
>> using 939DM2120, which could not be found. Bios is now updated. Such a
>> little thing...

> Factor x100 only:-)

Agreed: "A decimal point is a handy little booger; used properly, it can
produce miracles; used improperly, it can cause a thousand problems...or a
hundred...or ten... ...weird how it is usually by some factor of ten. Or so
it seems, when I run into such problems!" s