AsRock A7VT6 & Sempron

Martin Weil

Can somebody tell me, if this combination will work

AsRock A7VT6 & AMD Sempron ?

Thanks

Martin

Paul

In article <chn5p7$6ub$00$(E-Mail Removed)-online.com>, "Martin Weil"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> Can somebody tell me, if this combination will work
>
> AsRock A7VT6 & AMD Sempron ?
>
> Thanks
>
> Martin

http://www.asrock.com.tw/index_sitemap.htm

Not mentioned here. Presumably because they are lazy.
http://www.asrock.com.tw/support/CPU...port_K7VT6.htm

Bingo! The latest BIOS release for the board says it supports Sempron.
However, if the old BIOS is in the board, will the board boot so
you can install the latest BIOS ? That is the question.

So really the question is, where you are buying the board, can
they open the box and tell you if the BIOS is later than 1.2 ?
(The BIOS notes say 1.2 was the first release, and 1.3 is the
one with Sempron support.) If they have really old stock, it
might have that older BIOS in it.

http://www.asrock.com.tw/support/dow...k7vt6.htm#bios

HTH,
Paul