Asrock K7S8XE 1.0.Asus?

Shepİ

Greets to the group
I've just installed the above.No problems.Just wondering if there's
any info on over clocking the multiplier?
I know I can up the FSB but.....
Any info welcome.
TIA

--
Free Windows/PC help,
email shepATpartyheld.de

Paul

wrote:

> Greets to the group
> I've just installed the above.No problems.Just wondering if there's
> any info on over clocking the multiplier?
> I know I can up the FSB but.....
> Any info welcome.
> TIA

There are downloadable manuals on the Asrock site. It seems there
is a jumper block for setting the multiplier. For an Athlon, I
think people push up the FSB and crank down the multiplier, to
give a constant value for the core frequency. This allows
optimizing the memory bandwidth without pushing the
CPU past its official limit. Once you've proved it is stable
that way, then you can start raising the multiplier a bit if
you want.

The manual is also cool in that it says you have to go out and
buy your own jumper plugs :-)

HTH,
Paul

Quality of ASRock motherboards ? / Is ASRock the same as Elitegroup (ECS) ? Jason Stacy ECS 0 11-29-2006 04:21 PM
ASROCK K7S8XE - boot problem katherat ASRock 2 09-24-2004 07:09 PM
K7S8XE 1.0/Asus ? Shepİ Asus 0 11-25-2003 09:59 PM
Overclocking sucess XP 2500+ Barton on ASRock K7S8XE V3.0 Andreas Scheer ASRock 6 10-25-2003 05:17 AM
k7s8xe for anyone Robin Gordon AMD Overclocking 1 09-18-2003 09:10 PM