ASROCK mobo's any good?

Ian Roberts

Hi

A local dealer is selling some ASROCK boards cheap.

Ive not heard of them before so I'd be glad to receive any info about
how good/bad/reliable/waste of time they are.

Thanks

Ian

MasterBlaster

"Ian Roberts" wrote

> A local dealer is selling some ASROCK boards cheap.
>
> Ive not heard of them before so I'd be glad to receive any info about
> how good/bad/reliable/waste of time they are.

Here's a nice descriptive quote:

"ASRock is a completely independent spinoff from ASUS, brought
up to compete with the Elitegroup conglomerate (brand names
ECS, PC-Chips, Matsonic, and others)."

Try asking in alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
I bet they'd know more.

Mickey Mouse

Even though they are ASROCK pay attention to the chipset it uses.

Also there are some cheaper Asus Motherboards that end in -X. I think these
are basically the same thing. They are basically budget boards. Change the
name to protect the penniless.

news:3f237457$(E-Mail Removed)...