ASRock mobo's? P4V88

Dick

Anyone with experience using the ASRock mobo's? My understanding is that
they are the off-brand of ASUS. I ordered one (P4V88) becaue the reviews
were excellent. Comments? Experiences?

rc

"Dick" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Anyone with experience using the ASRock mobo's? My understanding is that
> they are the off-brand of ASUS. I ordered one (P4V88) becaue the reviews
> were excellent. Comments? Experiences?

I used one in a computer I built for my mother (the P4S55FX) and so far it's
been less troublesome than the Asus I used for myself. It doesn't have all
the features of my Asus, but it's more than enough for her. Actually the
ASRock would have been fine for my purposes, too, and I would have saved 50
bucks. So far, no complaints. It was easy to set up, cheap and has been
steady as a(n) (AS) Rock.

Dick

Go the ASRock in today from Newegg only to find that all of the calbes and
backplate were missing. I called and they said they would ship the missing
parts but ti will take another week to get those. Nice that they wouold ship
but bad that their QC wasn;t up to par. When I get the parts then I'll try
it out.

"rc" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:8BFAd.3022$(E-Mail Removed)...

> "Dick" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Anyone with experience using the ASRock mobo's? My understanding is that
>> they are the off-brand of ASUS. I ordered one (P4V88) becaue the reviews
>> were excellent. Comments? Experiences?
>>

> I used one in a computer I built for my mother (the P4S55FX) and so far
> it's
> been less troublesome than the Asus I used for myself. It doesn't have
> all
> the features of my Asus, but it's more than enough for her. Actually the
> ASRock would have been fine for my purposes, too, and I would have saved
> 50
> bucks. So far, no complaints. It was easy to set up, cheap and has been
> steady as a(n) (AS) Rock.

Richard

I just built a computer using the P4V88 with a 2.66GHz Celeron D for a
friend. I installed XP to a sata drive (using the via sata drivers) and
find the package to be quite nice. If you don't plan to overclock this
board is very nice.

rc wrote:
> "Dick" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>
>>Anyone with experience using the ASRock mobo's? My understanding is that
>>they are the off-brand of ASUS. I ordered one (P4V88) becaue the reviews
>>were excellent. Comments? Experiences?
>>

> I used one in a computer I built for my mother (the P4S55FX) and so far it's
> been less troublesome than the Asus I used for myself. It doesn't have all
> the features of my Asus, but it's more than enough for her. Actually the
> ASRock would have been fine for my purposes, too, and I would have saved 50
> bucks. So far, no complaints. It was easy to set up, cheap and has been
> steady as a(n) (AS) Rock.

Dick

Newegg shipped the missing cable package overnight! Got it all in but now
waiting for the OS to get here. Don;t plan on OCing since I'll use a
Northwood P4 2.8. I'm using a Sonata case with a 380 Watt PS. Wondering how
many drives I can put in the case using a 9800 ATI VC that needs power too?

news:_BLAd.49317$(E-Mail Removed)...
>I just built a computer using the P4V88 with a 2.66GHz Celeron D for a
>friend. I installed XP to a sata drive (using the via sata drivers) and
>find the package to be quite nice. If you don't plan to overclock this
>board is very nice.
>
> rc wrote:
>> "Dick" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>
>>>Anyone with experience using the ASRock mobo's? My understanding is that
>>>they are the off-brand of ASUS. I ordered one (P4V88) becaue the reviews
>>>were excellent. Comments? Experiences?
>>>

>> I used one in a computer I built for my mother (the P4S55FX) and so far
>> it's
>> been less troublesome than the Asus I used for myself. It doesn't have
>> all
>> the features of my Asus, but it's more than enough for her. Actually the
>> ASRock would have been fine for my purposes, too, and I would have saved
>> 50
>> bucks. So far, no complaints. It was easy to set up, cheap and has been
>> steady as a(n) (AS) Rock.

Ed

On Sat, 1 Jan 2005 09:53:44 -0800, "Dick" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>Northwood P4 2.8. I'm using a Sonata case with a 380 Watt PS. Wondering how
>many drives I can put in the case using a 9800 ATI VC that needs power too?

takaman's Power Supply Calculator
http://takaman.jp/D/?english

Brian Wescombe

"Dick" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Anyone with experience using the ASRock mobo's? My understanding is that
> they are the off-brand of ASUS. I ordered one (P4V88) becaue the reviews
> were excellent. Comments? Experiences?

I had one, never had problems. Using an Asrock 775V88 now, seems to be
working fine (so far).