ASRock P4S55FX+ and Celeron D 330 problems

Junior Member

First post, so bear with me.

I recently bought a new, never-been-opened Celeron D 330 to put into my P4S55FX+ mobo. I'd done a bit of research and was pretty confident it was going to work. So, I plug it in, power up and I hit the first problem: it hangs once it tries to boot Windows (WinXP SP2) -- it won't even show a windows splash screen. As soon as the system load goes from the mobo to the processor, it hangs. Sometimes, if it's feeling generous, it will let me hit F11 and pick a drive to boot from, and I can boot up Windows that way (c:\ aka Windows is my only boot drive). Invariably, when in Windows, it will run fine for about 5-10 minutes, and then hang. Dead. Nothing.

At first I thought it was a BIOS issue, so I updated to the latest version (1.7) but still the same thing occurs.

Is it a compatibility issue? Am I missing something in my BIOS settings? Has this occurred with anyone else?

Re: ASUS owns ASRock - Any ASRock users in here? mr deo ASRock 0 04-18-2008 06:25 PM
Quality of ASRock motherboards ? / Is ASRock the same as Elitegroup (ECS) ? Jason Stacy ASRock 0 11-29-2006 04:21 PM
Quality of ASRock motherboards ? / Is ASRock the same as Elitegroup (ECS) ? Jason Stacy ECS 0 11-29-2006 04:21 PM
p4pe vs celeron d 330 jimi Asus 1 10-26-2005 04:14 PM
P4R800-VM and Boxed Celeron D 330 Andy Asus 6 07-15-2004 11:17 AM