Motherboard Forums

ASRock P4S55FX+ and Celeron D 330 problems

08-14-2006, 08:21 PM
First post, so bear with me.

I recently bought a new, never-been-opened Celeron D 330 to put into my P4S55FX+ mobo. I'd done a bit of research and was pretty confident it was going to work. So, I plug it in, power up and I hit the first problem: it hangs once it tries to boot Windows (WinXP SP2) -- it won't even show a windows splash screen. As soon as the system load goes from the mobo to the processor, it hangs. Sometimes, if it's feeling generous, it will let me hit F11 and pick a drive to boot from, and I can boot up Windows that way (c:\ aka Windows is my only boot drive). Invariably, when in Windows, it will run fine for about 5-10 minutes, and then hang. Dead. Nothing.

At first I thought it was a BIOS issue, so I updated to the latest version (1.7) but still the same thing occurs.

Is it a compatibility issue? Am I missing something in my BIOS settings? Has this occurred with anyone else?