Motherboard Forums


Reply
Thread Tools Display Modes

Asrock Users?

 
 
BoB
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      02-24-2004, 10:49 AM
Anyone?


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
John Tindle
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      02-24-2004, 02:21 PM
No Thanks.

"BoB" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:h%F_b.37324$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Anyone?
>
>



 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
rstlne
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      02-24-2004, 03:30 PM
> Anyone?
>


Wont be many..
What's the problem.. What's the board..



 
Reply With Quote
 
BoB
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      02-24-2004, 07:15 PM

"rstlne" <.@.> wrote in message
news:f6K_b.10939$(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Anyone?
> >

>
> Wont be many..
> What's the problem.. What's the board..
>
>
>

Newest, I ordered a non-serial 400fsb k7s8xe, newegg sent the + version,
50$, no problem now, getting the ide drivers optimized was a trick, my plex
708
is burning faster than on an asus intel or via chipset mobo. SiS must be
really
getting it together.


 
Reply With Quote
 
David McDonald
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      02-24-2004, 09:26 PM
Enjoy it while it lasts, see you in a years time when the warrenty runs out.

David

"BoB" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:OpN_b.85518$(E-Mail Removed)...
>
> "rstlne" <.@.> wrote in message
> news:f6K_b.10939$(E-Mail Removed)...
> > > Anyone?
> > >

> >
> > Wont be many..
> > What's the problem.. What's the board..
> >
> >
> >

> Newest, I ordered a non-serial 400fsb k7s8xe, newegg sent the + version,
> 50$, no problem now, getting the ide drivers optimized was a trick, my

plex
> 708
> is burning faster than on an asus intel or via chipset mobo. SiS must be
> really
> getting it together.
>
>



 
Reply With Quote
 
BoB
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      02-25-2004, 03:38 AM
Try collecting any warranty after a year, the only ones I have bothered with
are high dollar hard drives, mostly ibm's.
You think Asus is gonna replace a 180$ mobo after a year, good luck!
This asrock has been a lot less hassle than the a7v333r and p4c800e-del
to set up at a third the price,
"When moving onto the Best Socket A Board Cost/Performance Ratio 2003,
ASrock with 30.5% of votes, snuck past Abit on 30.3%. Abit looked to have
this Award with the little brother of the NF7-2, the non Sata NF7. At the
last hurdle, the ASrock K7S8X-E bounded ahead, relying on the SIS 748
Chipset and its' budget price to stick a nose in front at the camera.
Reliable, speedy, and a reasonable overclocker, this Mainboard has been a
solid release for ASrock, one of the best overall Mainboard companies of
2003 in my opinion. The ECS L7S7A2, an SIS 746 Chipset product , snared
third place way down the scales on 9.9% of Members Votes."

http://www.ocworkbench.com/2004/arti...ward2003-2.htm

and that was the model without serial raid!!!!!!!!!



"David McDonald" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:rkP_b.182$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Enjoy it while it lasts, see you in a years time when the warrenty runs

out.
>
> David
>
> "BoB" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:OpN_b.85518$(E-Mail Removed)...
> >
> > "rstlne" <.@.> wrote in message
> > news:f6K_b.10939$(E-Mail Removed)...
> > > > Anyone?
> > > >
> > >
> > > Wont be many..
> > > What's the problem.. What's the board..
> > >
> > >
> > >

> > Newest, I ordered a non-serial 400fsb k7s8xe, newegg sent the + version,
> > 50$, no problem now, getting the ide drivers optimized was a trick, my

> plex
> > 708
> > is burning faster than on an asus intel or via chipset mobo. SiS must

be
> > really
> > getting it together.
> >
> >

>
>



 
Reply With Quote
 
Philip Callan
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      02-25-2004, 04:22 AM
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Hash: SHA1

BoB wrote:
| Try collecting any warranty after a year, the only ones I have
bothered with
| are high dollar hard drives, mostly ibm's.
| You think Asus is gonna replace a 180$ mobo after a year, good luck!
| This asrock has been a lot less hassle than the a7v333r and p4c800e-del
| to set up at a third the price,

Do not compare Asrock with ASUS quality, do not compare prices between a
~ low end asrock motherboard, to a top end (p4c800-e) asus, please
compare it to the class of boards it belongs in which is 'value' chipset
boards.

Why would I need to collect a warranty? I've yet to have a ASUS fail on
me (home machines) and whenever I've had a clients board go down, I
throw in the spare, and ship the other one off, end up with a free board
when RMA does come.

You are shipping these things overseas, and there are steps they have to
go through as well, you would be suprised how many boards are RMA'd
becuase 'IT DONT WORK WITH MY WINDOWS' and they have had something
mis-configured in the BIOS, or simply lacked the driver, both of which
is remedied by READING the manual.

And the ASROCK board has 1/3 less features than the a7v33r or
p4c800e-del, of course it will be more 'hassle' to setup, there is more
to get setup properly.

RTFM, no offense intended, because in ASUS's case is
'READ THE FANTASTIC MANUAL!'

| "When moving onto the Best Socket A Board Cost/Performance Ratio 2003,
| ASrock with 30.5% of votes, snuck past Abit on 30.3%.

And edged past? .2%? what 3 more people clicked on the web poll? you
have to take how many people they polled, and discount some for those
who voted each time they went to the page (for all vendors)

If you want to see true Cost/Performance and TCO figures, you would have
to subscribe to one of the larger trade magazines, and get more reliable
figures.

Philip
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v1.2.4 (MingW32)

iD8DBQFAPCMf5sKixANmEMgRAqEGAJ0TkA6KVKkOJsEk8XIFCk VuLRu/twCdHmUA
/tJDUvK+O8bKN6W1JtzaEW4=
=mBFb
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----
 
Reply With Quote
 
Philip Callan
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      02-25-2004, 04:26 AM
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Hash: SHA1

BoB wrote:

| Newest, I ordered a non-serial 400fsb k7s8xe, newegg sent the + version,
| 50$, no problem now, getting the ide drivers optimized was a trick, my
plex
| 708 is burning faster than on an asus intel or via chipset mobo. SiS
must be
| really getting it together.
|

I seriously doubt that a 3rd party implementation of a 'compatible'
chipset, provides better performance than the native implementation by
the designers (Intel) I wont even touch the 'VIA' issue.

If it is giving you better performance in one area, be assured it is
skimping you in another, or has higher requirements (power wise) to give
you that performance.

Philip

-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v1.2.4 (MingW32)

iD8DBQFAPCQC5sKixANmEMgRAl/RAKCW1X2tlaNaQwV4yTLgiJjp5f6DMQCgrCaC
iB4pNnLXbGnLBiYNRdii+Og=
=QKSt
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----
 
Reply With Quote
 
BoB
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      02-25-2004, 06:08 AM
So now the SiS serial raid controller is a clone of intel designed
standards, BULLSHIT!
If I am not mistaken they were the first true, pure serial controller!

"Philip Callan" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:QtV_b.611030$X%5.516608@pd7tw2no...
> -----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
> Hash: SHA1
>
> BoB wrote:
>
> | Newest, I ordered a non-serial 400fsb k7s8xe, newegg sent the + version,
> | 50$, no problem now, getting the ide drivers optimized was a trick, my
> plex
> | 708 is burning faster than on an asus intel or via chipset mobo. SiS
> must be
> | really getting it together.
> |
>
> I seriously doubt that a 3rd party implementation of a 'compatible'
> chipset, provides better performance than the native implementation by
> the designers (Intel) I wont even touch the 'VIA' issue.
>
> If it is giving you better performance in one area, be assured it is
> skimping you in another, or has higher requirements (power wise) to give
> you that performance.
>
> Philip
>
> -----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
> Version: GnuPG v1.2.4 (MingW32)
>
> iD8DBQFAPCQC5sKixANmEMgRAl/RAKCW1X2tlaNaQwV4yTLgiJjp5f6DMQCgrCaC
> iB4pNnLXbGnLBiYNRdii+Og=
> =QKSt
> -----END PGP SIGNATURE-----



 
Reply With Quote
 
BoB
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      02-25-2004, 06:20 AM

"Philip Callan" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:iqV_b.595825$JQ1.500894@pd7tw1no...
> -----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
> Hash: SHA1
>
> BoB wrote:
> | Try collecting any warranty after a year, the only ones I have
> bothered with
> | are high dollar hard drives, mostly ibm's.
> | You think Asus is gonna replace a 180$ mobo after a year, good luck!
> | This asrock has been a lot less hassle than the a7v333r and p4c800e-del
> | to set up at a third the price,
>
> Do not compare Asrock with ASUS quality, do not compare prices between a
> ~ low end asrock motherboard, to a top end (p4c800-e) asus, please
> compare it to the class of boards it belongs in which is 'value' chipset
> boards.
>
> Why would I need to collect a warranty? I've yet to have a ASUS fail on
> me (home machines) and whenever I've had a clients board go down, I
> throw in the spare, and ship the other one off, end up with a free board
> when RMA does come.
>
> You are shipping these things overseas, and there are steps they have to
> go through as well, you would be suprised how many boards are RMA'd
> becuase 'IT DONT WORK WITH MY WINDOWS' and they have had something
> mis-configured in the BIOS, or simply lacked the driver, both of which
> is remedied by READING the manual.
>
> And the ASROCK board has 1/3 less features than the a7v33r or
> p4c800e-del, of course it will be more 'hassle' to setup, there is more
> to get setup properly.
>
> RTFM, no offense intended, because in ASUS's case is
> 'READ THE FANTASTIC MANUAL!'
>
> | "When moving onto the Best Socket A Board Cost/Performance Ratio 2003,
> | ASrock with 30.5% of votes, snuck past Abit on 30.3%.
>
> And edged past? .2%? what 3 more people clicked on the web poll? you
> have to take how many people they polled, and discount some for those
> who voted each time they went to the page (for all vendors)
>
> If you want to see true Cost/Performance and TCO figures, you would have
> to subscribe to one of the larger trade magazines, and get more reliable
> figures.
>
> Philip
> -----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
> Version: GnuPG v1.2.4 (MingW32)
>

I have seen the numbers of boards shipped, Asrock is getting a big push from
Asus, they are a subsidiary, and as for features I have built all three and
only
2-3 come to mind that would seem significant, but hardly necessary to the
vast majority of computer users. The bios is the big difference. It's
simple.
That Asus quality and name is what blew ECS out of the water with the
Asrock line. The P4c800E-del's bios is a nightmare, ours keeps wanting to
boot to a damn external hard drive if it's powered on, bios settings or not!



 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Re: ASUS owns ASRock - Any ASRock users in here? Rat River Cemetary ASRock 2 04-23-2008 11:02 AM
Re: ASUS owns ASRock - Any ASRock users in here? Marcus Coles ASRock 0 04-18-2008 09:39 PM
Re: ASUS owns ASRock - Any ASRock users in here? mr deo ASRock 0 04-18-2008 06:25 PM
Quality of ASRock motherboards ? / Is ASRock the same as Elitegroup (ECS) ? Jason Stacy ASRock 0 11-29-2006 04:21 PM
Quality of ASRock motherboards ? / Is ASRock the same as Elitegroup (ECS) ? Jason Stacy ECS 0 11-29-2006 04:21 PM


All times are GMT. The time now is 12:40 AM.


Welcome!
Welcome to Motherboard Point
 

Advertisment