Assign color profiles for multi-monitors (dual) with P750?

Teffy

I have a Matrox Millenium P750 multi-monitor graphics card and a
ColorVision monitor Spyder with PhotoCal. I am using 2 CRT's in
independent mode.

I tried to assign profiles generated with the Spyder (one for each
monitor) by going to Windows (2000 Pro) Display Properties, Settings,
Advanced, Color Management to specify a profile filename. This works
fine for the secondary display.

But, when I try it for the primary, and hit the Assign button, I get
an error message from "Microsoft Color Management System" stating, "An
error occurred while associating <profile.icm>. This is not a valid
color profile." The same .icm file works properly elsewhere.

The only thing I can find in Matrox software is a calibration 'by
eyeball' similar to Adobe Gamma, which of course does not use the
colorometer.

Please advise!
Teffy

Kulvinder Singh Matharu

On 5 Dec 2003 17:37:51 -0800, (E-Mail Removed) (Teffy)
wrote:
[snip]
>The only thing I can find in Matrox software is a calibration 'by
>eyeball' similar to Adobe Gamma, which of course does not use the
>colorometer.

Not sure if you got this sorted out, but I had similar problems.

P750, Win2K, Pantone Spyder & OptiCal

What I had to do, was to go into the "Device Manager" and re-install
the drivers for both monitors. After that, I just used the Spyder to
re-calibrate and then use the new profiles for each monitor.

--
Kulvinder Singh Matharu
Contact details : http://www.metalvortex.com/form/form.htm

"It ain't Coca Cola, it's rice" - The Clash

Henrik

HI,

I am interested to know if you were able to apply two profiles one for each
monitor?
I have the spyder as well but I am using Parhelia instead (should be any
different)

thanks

Henrik

"Kulvinder Singh Matharu" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) .co.uk...
> On 5 Dec 2003 17:37:51 -0800, (E-Mail Removed) (Teffy)
> wrote:
> [snip]
> >The only thing I can find in Matrox software is a calibration 'by
> >eyeball' similar to Adobe Gamma, which of course does not use the
> >colorometer.

> Not sure if you got this sorted out, but I had similar problems.
>
> P750, Win2K, Pantone Spyder & OptiCal
>
> What I had to do, was to go into the "Device Manager" and re-install
> the drivers for both monitors. After that, I just used the Spyder to
> re-calibrate and then use the new profiles for each monitor.
>
> --
> Kulvinder Singh Matharu
> Contact details : http://www.metalvortex.com/form/form.htm
> Website : http://www.metalvortex.com/
>
> "It ain't Coca Cola, it's rice" - The Clash

Kulvinder Singh Matharu

On Sun, 8 Feb 2004 14:57:09 +0800, "Henrik" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>HI,
>
>I am interested to know if you were able to apply two profiles one for each
>monitor?
>I have the spyder as well but I am using Parhelia instead (should be any
>different)

Yes, I've got each monitor individually calibrated with the Spyder
and each is loaded with their own profile.

I can see this in the "Settings" tab in "Display Properties" for
Monitor 1 and Monitor 2. BTW, the monitors are set up in independent
mode.

--
Kulvinder Singh Matharu
Contact details : http://www.metalvortex.com/form/form.htm
Website : http://www.metalvortex.com/

"It ain't Coca Cola, it's rice" - The Clash

Henrik

thanks,

I will have to give this a try - never been able to apply individual
profiles

thanks

Henrik
"Kulvinder Singh Matharu" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) .co.uk...
> On Sun, 8 Feb 2004 14:57:09 +0800, "Henrik" <(E-Mail Removed)>
> wrote:
>
> >HI,
> >
> >I am interested to know if you were able to apply two profiles one for

each
> >monitor?
> >I have the spyder as well but I am using Parhelia instead (should be any
> >different)

> Yes, I've got each monitor individually calibrated with the Spyder
> and each is loaded with their own profile.
>
> I can see this in the "Settings" tab in "Display Properties" for
> Monitor 1 and Monitor 2. BTW, the monitors are set up in independent
> mode.
>
> --
> Kulvinder Singh Matharu
> Contact details : http://www.metalvortex.com/form/form.htm
> Website : http://www.metalvortex.com/
>
> "It ain't Coca Cola, it's rice" - The Clash

Two color profiles with dual monitors Albert Wiersch Nvidia 0 02-07-2007 03:14 AM
Color profiles only apply on some games Lars-Erik ěsterud Nvidia 0 01-06-2007 02:06 AM
Color Profiles Cody ATI 2 08-23-2005 07:47 PM
Bug setting color settings for games profiles in 66.93 drivers? Lars-Erik ěsterud Nvidia 20 02-03-2005 05:56 PM
Selecting Color Profiles from the Finder Paul Brians Apple 0 09-10-2003 08:39 PM