Assinging new USB laser printer to LPT1 port?

Timo Price

I setup a new laser printer.
During the installation of the driver I am asked where WinXP should find the USB connected port.

By default "LPT1" was selected.

Is that correct?

How can I find out (without printing a test page) if the USB connected laser printer can successfully be
seen by WinXP?

Is the driver active immediately after installation or is re-boot necessary?

Timo

Michael Hawes

"Timo Price" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:49aeb53a$0$31874$(E-Mail Removed)-online.net...
>I setup a new laser printer.
> During the installation of the driver I am asked where WinXP should find
> the USB connected port.
>
> By default "LPT1" was selected.
>
> Is that correct?
>
> How can I find out (without printing a test page) if the USB connected
> laser printer can successfully be
> seen by WinXP?
>
> Is the driver active immediately after installation or is re-boot
> necessary?
>
> Timo

Is the printer powered on and connected? What printer, make/model? More info
please! What OS?

Mike