ASUS A8N-SLI Premium nvidia firewall problem

damian.lis@gmail.com

I have motherboard (ASUS A8N-SLI Premium). I installed network drivers
from default CD. I installed nvidia forceware network access manager
4.8.2.0 from default cd too. I set up basic firewall configuration to
medium. But I have a problem. When I download an exe file from www the
file is damaged. Always file have CRC error. What can I do?

GSV Three Minds in a Can

Bitstring <(E-Mail Removed). com>, from
the wonderful person (E-Mail Removed) said
>I have motherboard (ASUS A8N-SLI Premium). I installed network drivers
>from default CD. I installed nvidia forceware network access manager
>4.8.2.0 from default cd too. I set up basic firewall configuration to
>medium. But I have a problem. When I download an exe file from www the
>file is damaged. Always file have CRC error. What can I do?

1) Consult Google, this is a well known problem.

2) Turn the broken hardware firewall off and use a software one.

--
GSV Three Minds in a Can
Google may be your friend, but groups.google.com posters definitely aren't.

old man

uninstall nvidea firewall and use a software firewall.
nvidea forums are full of posts on this

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com...
> I have motherboard (ASUS A8N-SLI Premium). I installed network drivers
> from default CD. I installed nvidia forceware network access manager
> 4.8.2.0 from default cd too. I set up basic firewall configuration to
> medium. But I have a problem. When I download an exe file from www the
> file is damaged. Always file have CRC error. What can I do?

Robert

What firewall would you recommend to replace the Nvidia firewall?

"old man" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:SFt2g.8706$(E-Mail Removed)...
> uninstall nvidea firewall and use a software firewall.
> nvidea forums are full of posts on this
>
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com...
>> I have motherboard (ASUS A8N-SLI Premium). I installed network drivers
>> from default CD. I installed nvidia forceware network access manager
>> 4.8.2.0 from default cd too. I set up basic firewall configuration to
>> medium. But I have a problem. When I download an exe file from www the
>> file is damaged. Always file have CRC error. What can I do?

BC

Robert wrote:
> What firewall would you recommend to replace the Nvidia firewall?

ZoneAlarm:

Either the security suite, or solo, then use with an anti virus like
NOD32....

Ray

> Robert wrote:
>> What firewall would you recommend to replace the Nvidia firewall?

I still think that one of the best ways is to get yourself behind a
decent router.

milleron

On Sun, 23 Apr 2006 00:25:06 -0400, Ray <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>> Robert wrote:
>>> What firewall would you recommend to replace the Nvidia firewall?

>I still think that one of the best ways is to get yourself behind a
>decent router.

If you mean hardware router, I agree, but remember that one of those
devices will never prevent outbound traffic generated by a trojan or
virus. Everyone with an always-on connection needs both a hardware
device and a good software firewall like Zone Alarm.

Ron