Asus P4SD-LA out of a Pavilion a262n

Karl M. North

Hello All,
I have an Asus P4SD-LA which came out of an HP a262n Pavilion system.
It's been a great board except for the audio. The board has this proprietary
HP connector with a cable that goes to the front of the case for headphone
out and mic in. Well I don't have that connector. (The HP case got mangled
by UPS.)
Asus says that I just need to jumper the pins to pass the audio through
it. But they "do not have" the pin out for it. Without it jumpered the front
channels of the audio do not work. I don't want to have to put an
aftermarket audio card into it. I just want to get it to work as it's
supposed to. Do any of you know the pin out etc?

Help,
Karl M North

craigm

"Karl M. North" <OPM@email DOT com> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hello All,
> I have an Asus P4SD-LA which came out of an HP a262n Pavilion system.
> It's been a great board except for the audio. The board has this

proprietary
> HP connector with a cable that goes to the front of the case for headphone
> out and mic in. Well I don't have that connector. (The HP case got mangled
> by UPS.)
> Asus says that I just need to jumper the pins to pass the audio through
> it. But they "do not have" the pin out for it. Without it jumpered the

front
> channels of the audio do not work. I don't want to have to put an
> aftermarket audio card into it. I just want to get it to work as it's
> supposed to. Do any of you know the pin out etc?
>
> Help,
> Karl M North

Find the connector marked "Front HP out" at the bottom of the motherboard.

Connect pins 1 and 2
Connect pins 4 and 5

craigm

Karl M. North

Craig,
Thanks, I got your response like 2 hours after I just decided to try it
myself. Figured it out. I'm so happy!!!

Asus tech support SUCKS! But their boards are nice.

news:(E-Mail Removed)...