asus p5qe premium 16x video card question/opinions on board

markm75

I'm not clear looking at the p5qe premium, if i can run two
independent 16x video cards at full 16x? (ill never do crossfire or
sli)..

Here is the board..

The premium is nice too, as in the rear i use at least 10 USB as of
now, if not 12 (counting two in the front), this would eliminate one
4port bracket and my pciex1 usb card..

Any thoughts on this board.. will i be ok, full 16x ability on both
ports (which colored slots?)

(this board met my need of dual video cards, pciex1 sound card, raid
card, ddr2)..

Ill probably throw either the 4870 cards or 9800 gx2 cards in this
board (no sli/no crossfilre).

markm75

On Sep 12, 11:58*am, markm75 <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> I'm not clear looking at the p5qe premium, if i can run two
> independent 16x video cards at full 16x? *(ill never do crossfire or
> sli)..
>
> Here is the board..

> The premium is nice too, as in the rear i use at least 10 USB as of
> now, if not 12 (counting two in the front), this would eliminate one
> 4port bracket and my pciex1 usb card..
>
> Any thoughts on this board.. will i be ok, full 16x ability on both
> ports (which colored slots?)
>
> (this board met my need of dual video cards, pciex1 sound card, raid
> card, ddr2)..
>
> Ill probably throw either the 4870 cards or 9800 gx2 cards in this
> board (no sli/no crossfilre).

It appears that only 1 of the slots is full 16x.. so i'm going the
route of a p5e3 deluxe and ddr3 at this point