Asus P5W DH Deluxe: Dead or not dead, I guess I won't know unitl.......

Junior Member

SOrry about the first post, meant to add in the model of my mobo, at least that much.
and now back to.....
Ok, thanks for stopping by, here are my specs:

Microsoft Windows XP Media Center Edition 2005
INTEL Core 2 Duo E6600 2.40 GHz 1066 MHz Socket 775
Asus P5W DH Deluxe
Corsair TWIN2X2048-6400C4D 2GB (2X1GB) DDR2-800 XMS2-6400 Dominator Series Memory
EVGA e-GeForce 7950 GT KO Superclocked (600MHz) 512MB GDDR3 PCI Express
OCZ OCZ700GXSSLI GameXStream 700W Power Supply
Western Digital Raptor WD1500AHFD 150GB
Antec Performance One P180B Advanced

I was having trouble with this machine booting up on occasion. So I took everything out , made sure it was properly connected, followed cables, etc....and restarted the computer and voile it worked, twice. Then my computer would boot and hang on the splash screen, not responding to Del or Tab, just hanging. After messing with it, like before, and still hanging on splash screen, I decided to clear the CMOS. So I took the CMOS battery out for ten minutes and set the jumpers to clear for 7-10, right before I put the battery back in. And now I get absolutely nothing.......the SB_PWR light is on the motherboard, so the power seems to be okay, but the power button delivers a click and that's it. I'm going to order another CMOS battery, since I think this is the likely culprit, but....I was wondering if anyone thought I might be missing something?

Thanks for all the help!