ASUS Probe Utility - Control Fan Speed

TAC

Has anyone used the PROBE utility to control the fan speeds (i.e.
quiet down) on the P5N32-SLI SE Deluxe? I've run it and it doesn't
seem to have any control of the fan speeds, case or CPU fans.
Thanks,
-TAC

David K

Try Speedfan from http://www.almico.com. I use it, and have it set to run
on Windows startup - When it kicks in it brings my case fan down to 50%

HTH,

DK

Nonymous

TAC <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in news:fjs5v2p25uepi0ssbg729j0qso8u6tjpub@
4ax.com:

> Has anyone used the PROBE utility to control the fan speeds (i.e.
> quiet down) on the P5N32-SLI SE Deluxe? I've run it and it doesn't
> seem to have any control of the fan speeds, case or CPU fans.

It doesn't control fan speeds, it merely monitors them (and temperatures
and voltages).

The Asus "A.I." utilities can be used to control the fans.

TAC

On Mar 10, 2:58 pm, "David K" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Try Speedfan fromhttp://www.almico.com. I use it, and have it set to run
> on Windows startup - When it kicks in it brings my case fan down to 50%
>
> HTH,
>
> DK

I use SpeedFan on my MSI motherboard and it works great but it doesn't
control the fan speed on my this MoBo. It's not listed as a support
MoBo on the Speedfan website either. :-(

TAC

On Mar 10, 6:06 pm, Nonymous <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> TAC <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in news:fjs5v2p25uepi0ssbg729j0qso8u6tjpub@
> 4ax.com:
>
> > Has anyone used the PROBE utility to control the fan speeds (i.e.
> > quiet down) on the P5N32-SLI SE Deluxe? I've run it and it doesn't
> > seem to have any control of the fan speeds, case or CPU fans.

> It doesn't control fan speeds, it merely monitors them (and temperatures
> and voltages).
>
> The Asus "A.I." utilities can be used to control the fans.

Thanks, I'll look for the Asus "A.I." utilities. Can I find these on
the CD or Asus website?

-TAC

p.s. I'll assume others are a disappointed as I with the ASUS
website. My past expierence is that it's so slow it's un-usable. It
will influence the decision on my next MoBo.

Kerry

"TAC" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Has anyone used the PROBE utility to control the fan speeds (i.e.
> quiet down) on the P5N32-SLI SE Deluxe? I've run it and it doesn't
> seem to have any control of the fan speeds, case or CPU fans.
> Thanks,
> -TAC

If it is like my AMD boards from Asus ya gotta get into BIOS and turn Q-fan
on and set it in there. From memory you can set the ratio of full to slower
as well as temps and minimum fan speeds.

Kerry

"TAC" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
> On Mar 10, 6:06 pm, Nonymous <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>> TAC <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in news:fjs5v2p25uepi0ssbg729j0qso8u6tjpub@
>> 4ax.com:
>>
>> > Has anyone used the PROBE utility to control the fan speeds (i.e.
>> > quiet down) on the P5N32-SLI SE Deluxe? I've run it and it doesn't
>> > seem to have any control of the fan speeds, case or CPU fans.

>> It doesn't control fan speeds, it merely monitors them (and temperatures
>> and voltages).
>>
>> The Asus "A.I." utilities can be used to control the fans.

> Thanks, I'll look for the Asus "A.I." utilities. Can I find these on
> the CD or Asus website?
>
> -TAC
>
> p.s. I'll assume others are a disappointed as I with the ASUS
> website. My past expierence is that it's so slow it's un-usable. It
> will influence the decision on my next MoBo.

I gotta agree with you. I am still looking for a version of PC Probe that
will work on my A7V600. Someone here gave me a link that took me nowhere.
So i wrote tech support and some fool ave me the link to the same support
page on the board that I had told him did not contain the desired program in
my original note to them. I got the same reply back. So If anyone has a
copy of PC Probe for a A7v600 I still need it. Direct link through Live
messenger or I'll even buy a blank cd and pay for postage.

John

Probe doesnt control fan speeds .. it just reports them

On Tue, 13 Mar 2007 20:29:19 GMT, "Kerry" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>"TAC" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:(E-Mail Removed).. .
>> Has anyone used the PROBE utility to control the fan speeds (i.e.
>> quiet down) on the P5N32-SLI SE Deluxe? I've run it and it doesn't
>> seem to have any control of the fan speeds, case or CPU fans.
>> Thanks,
>> -TAC

>If it is like my AMD boards from Asus ya gotta get into BIOS and turn Q-fan
>on and set it in there. From memory you can set the ratio of full to slower
>as well as temps and minimum fan speeds.

Steven Saunderson

On Tue, 13 Mar 2007 20:34:17 GMT, "Kerry" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> I gotta agree with you. I am still looking for a version of PC Probe that
> will work on my A7V600.

I am using PC Probe with an A7v600-x MB and it works fine. I don't know
how different this board is from your A7v600. The site/directory for
these files is < ftp://ftp.asus.com/pub/ASUS/misc/utils/ > and I am
using < ftp://ftp.asus.com/pub/ASUS/misc/utils/Probe_22502.zip >.

--
Steven

Kerry

"Steven Saunderson" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Tue, 13 Mar 2007 20:34:17 GMT, "Kerry" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>> I gotta agree with you. I am still looking for a version of PC Probe
>> that
>> will work on my A7V600.

> I am using PC Probe with an A7v600-x MB and it works fine. I don't know
> how different this board is from your A7v600. The site/directory for
> these files is < ftp://ftp.asus.com/pub/ASUS/misc/utils/ > and I am
> using < ftp://ftp.asus.com/pub/ASUS/misc/utils/Probe_22502.zip >.
>
> --
> Steven

Thanks!!! Not sure if it works just yet but at least the link wasn't a dead
end!

A tip o' the coffee mug to you my boy!