Athlon XP 2800 CPU temp is 53C.. is this too hot

Robert Headley

I am located in Indiana and its summer so its getting warmer here..
its 69c here, usually in the high 70s during the day.

I just noticed my CPU temp is 53c. and my ambient is 34c

I have an Abit NF7-s v 2.0 mobo with 2x512mb of PC3200 Corsair
valuram. Plus an ATI Radeon 8500LE with 128mb of Ram for video. I have
an Antec Plusview 1000AMG case, that has two case fans under hte
powersupply, blowing air out, and I have a Fortron/source 350 watt PSU
with the 120mm PSU fan blowing out of the case as well.

Should I maybe get some intake fans for the front of the case near the
air filter? will this drastically improve things, as right now, its
only pushing air out. Would this improve temperatures, I was planning
on getting some panaflow fans for the front of the case.

In the mean time, is 53c ok.. this is my idle temp, and it would only
go up a few degrees if I do something like games. Not by much.

also, Im currently not using air conditioning in my computer room or
anything.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

DougH

> I am located in Indiana and its summer so its getting warmer here..
> its 69c here, usually in the high 70s during the day.

69c ?? You don't really mean celcius in this instance do you? Anyway a
front case fan I'm sure would help. I would draw in more cooler air than
without one.

DougH

Wes Newell

On Fri, 07 May 2004 00:12:03 -0700, Robert Headley wrote:

> I am located in Indiana and its summer so its getting warmer here..
> its 69c here, usually in the high 70s during the day.

Wow, and I thought it got hot here in Texas.:-)

> I just noticed my CPU temp is 53c. and my ambient is 34c

53C core temp is fine. Ambient of 34C (93.2F) is pretty hot for a room
temp though. Maybe you mean case temp.

> I have an Abit NF7-s v 2.0 mobo with 2x512mb of PC3200 Corsair valuram.
> Plus an ATI Radeon 8500LE with 128mb of Ram for video. I have an Antec
> Plusview 1000AMG case, that has two case fans under hte powersupply,
> blowing air out, and I have a Fortron/source 350 watt PSU with the 120mm
> PSU fan blowing out of the case as well.
>
> Should I maybe get some intake fans for the front of the case near the
> air filter? will this drastically improve things, as right now, its only
> pushing air out. Would this improve temperatures, I was planning on
> getting some panaflow fans for the front of the case.

Ideally you want the same amount of intake pressure as you have exhaust
pressure, with intake front low, and exhaust high rear.

Stacey

Robert Headley wrote:

> I am located in Indiana and its summer so its getting warmer here..
> its 69c here, usually in the high 70s during the day.
>
> I just noticed my CPU temp is 53c. and my ambient is 34c

Hmm is the CPU cooling the room?
--

Stacey

Robert Headley

Wes Newell <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:<pan.2004.05.07.08.49.23.466404@TAKEOUTverizo n.net>...

> Wow, and I thought it got hot here in Texas.:-)
>
> > I just noticed my CPU temp is 53c. and my ambient is 34c
> >

> 53C core temp is fine. Ambient of 34C (93.2F) is pretty hot for a room
> temp though. Maybe you mean case temp.

omg.. yes, I meant Farenheit for the ambient temp.

and I meant 43c for my case temp.

Im glad to know that everything is alright. Thank god for Usenet.. Thanks guys.

Robert Headley

Stacey <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:<(E-Mail Removed)>...
> Robert Headley wrote:
>
> > I am located in Indiana and its summer so its getting warmer here..
> > its 69c here, usually in the high 70s during the day.
> >
> > I just noticed my CPU temp is 53c. and my ambient is 34c
> >

> Hmm is the CPU cooling the room?

Actually, now the air conditioner is.. and my CPU temp is 34c with an
ambient of 24c..