ATI AIW 9600 Pro Card in 865Perl board running at 4x

EJR

How do I change the AGP setting to 8x?

=?ISO-8859-1?Q?Peter_Perls=F8?=

EJR wrote:
> How do I change the AGP setting to 8x?

BIOS setup ?

--

- Peter Perls¿ - web: http://u238.dk

"If you have been voting for politicians who promise to give you goodies
at someone else's expense, then you have no right to complain when they
take your money and give it to someone else, including themselves."

-- Thomas Sowell (1992)

EJR

The bios does no show a setting for this. Only of the aperture setting.

Eric
"Peter Perlsø" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:3fc4ad3e$0$27368$(E-Mail Removed) k...
> EJR wrote:
> > How do I change the AGP setting to 8x?
> >

> BIOS setup ?
>
> --
>

> - Peter Perls¿ - web: http://u238.dk
>
> "If you have been voting for politicians who promise to give you goodies
> at someone else's expense, then you have no right to complain when they
> take your money and give it to someone else, including themselves."
>
> -- Thomas Sowell (1992)

nobody

You muat load the chipset drivers from the Intel CD BEFORE you load the
video drivers from ATI. Otherwise, the ATI will mistakenly set to 4X .

EJR wrote:
> The bios does no show a setting for this. Only of the aperture setting.
>
> Eric
> "Peter Perlsø" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:3fc4ad3e$0$27368$(E-Mail Removed) k...
>
>>EJR wrote:
>>
>>>How do I change the AGP setting to 8x?
>>>

>>BIOS setup ?
>>
>>--
>>

>> - Peter Perls¿ - web: http://u238.dk
>>
>>"If you have been voting for politicians who promise to give you goodies
>>at someone else's expense, then you have no right to complain when they
>>take your money and give it to someone else, including themselves."
>>
>>-- Thomas Sowell (1992)

EJR

Thanks for the help.

So if I wanted to fix this I would -

1. uninstall the ATI drivers
2. upgrade the Intel drivers
3. Reinstall the ATI drivers

Sound right?

Thanks.

"nobody" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> You muat load the chipset drivers from the Intel CD BEFORE you load the
> video drivers from ATI. Otherwise, the ATI will mistakenly set to 4X .
>
> EJR wrote:
> > The bios does no show a setting for this. Only of the aperture setting.
> >
> > Eric
> > "Peter Perlsø" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:3fc4ad3e$0$27368$(E-Mail Removed) k...

> >>BIOS setup ?
> >>
> >>--
> >>

> >> - Peter Perls¿ - web: http://u238.dk
> >>
> >>"If you have been voting for politicians who promise to give you goodies
> >>at someone else's expense, then you have no right to complain when they
> >>take your money and give it to someone else, including themselves."
> >>
> >>-- Thomas Sowell (1992)

nobody

Yes.