ATI Radeon HD 3850 AGP (512 MB)

What is the latest WHQL certified driver for the subject card? I tried the
9.4 and 9.5 but they didn't recognize the card. I tried the hotfix Catalyst
driver and it did work, but not WHQL certified. I'm having a problem
getting Cyberlink's PowerDVD and the 3850 to work together. Whenever I try
to play a DVD, any DVD, the screen goes off and on to black, then black and
the program freezes. The hotfix driver works with all other programs,i.e.;
ATI Catalyst Media Center and Windows Media Player. The Cyberlink techs
goes, aha!, your driver is not WHQL certified, and you have a Roxio product
installed, which may not be compatible with PowerDVD,...uninstall it. It's
like they want you to tear your system apart to try and get their product to
work! When I put my ATI HD 2600 Pro AGP card back in, everything thing
works, including PowerDVD.
Sorry for the rant,...what was the question again? Oh yea, "what is the
latest WHQL certified driver for the subject card?".
Thanks for any help

JB

Thanks for your input.

JB

"First of One" <root@127.0.0.1> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) ...

Don't think there is one, actually. In any case, WHQL certified = Microsoft
certified. Microsoft is hardly an authority for producing stable, bug-free
software, so WHQL certification doesn't mean jack.

The simplest solution is to stop using PowerDVD. :-) Especially when there
are easier-to-use and more powerful programs out there, like the free Media
Player Classic.