ATI won't send me a new fan!

Rob G

I think it is absolutely ridiculous to send my 9700pro back to ATI just for
a fan
replacement. I went through the whole RMA process and asked for just the
fan
to be sent because it takes 2 minutes to replace. Ati tech support replied

Regarding a replacement fan:
Unfortunately we do not stock replacement fans for our customers to perform
their own repairs. You would have to send the whole card in to be repaired.

Has anyone ever been able to get a new fan without sending the card back?

--

Rob

Heywood

On Thu, 1 Jan 2004 18:00:54 -0600, "Rob G"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> I think it is absolutely ridiculous to send my 9700pro back to ATI just for
>a fan
>replacement. I went through the whole RMA process and asked for just the
>fan
>to be sent because it takes 2 minutes to replace. Ati tech support replied
>
>Regarding a replacement fan:
>Unfortunately we do not stock replacement fans for our customers to perform
>their own repairs. You would have to send the whole card in to be repaired.
>
> Has anyone ever been able to get a new fan without sending the card back?

You might want to check out an alternate solution...works better
anyway and about $22! Artic cooler for 9700
http://www.svc.com/arcovgasilsu.html

Spencer

Hi Rob, Where do u live?
I have a spare from my 9700pro going. Replaced with Zalman.

Spence

<Heywood> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Thu, 1 Jan 2004 18:00:54 -0600, "Rob G"
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
> > I think it is absolutely ridiculous to send my 9700pro back to ATI just

for
> >a fan
> >replacement. I went through the whole RMA process and asked for just the
> >fan
> >to be sent because it takes 2 minutes to replace. Ati tech support

replied

> >Regarding a replacement fan:
> >Unfortunately we do not stock replacement fans for our customers to

perform
> >their own repairs. You would have to send the whole card in to be

repaired.

> > Has anyone ever been able to get a new fan without sending the card

back?

> You might want to check out an alternate solution...works better
> anyway and about $22! Artic cooler for 9700
> http://www.svc.com/arcovgasilsu.html

Send my motherboard in to be replaced Schism Asus 0 09-28-2004 04:43 AM
"send to" glitch Blade Dell 6 02-28-2004 07:53 PM
New mobo won't send signal to monitor Michael P Gabriel Hardware 0 02-11-2004 06:48 PM
K8V-D: can't get SPDIF to send surround sound Hjalmar Asus 1 02-10-2004 06:49 PM
Asus P2B-D mainboard temperatute sensors readout and send via snmp Sebastian Asus 2 01-27-2004 07:18 AM