What is ATK0110 ACPI UTILITY?

Natéag

After installing Windows, it it requests the above utility.
repeatedly, even if I check the "Do not ask me again"
button. I could not find the *.sys file on my AN8-E
CD. After searching the Web, I found that it was
safe - and I eventually found and installed the file.

What purpose does it serve? Whether I disable it
Device Manager or not, does not seem to make any
difference ?

TIA.

Paul

In article <7kYif.1185$(E-Mail Removed)>, "Natéag"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> After installing Windows, it it requests the above utility.
> repeatedly, even if I check the "Do not ask me again"
> button. I could not find the *.sys file on my AN8-E
> CD. After searching the Web, I found that it was
> safe - and I eventually found and installed the file.
>
> What purpose does it serve? Whether I disable it
> Device Manager or not, does not seem to make any
> difference ?
>
> TIA.

That is the pseudo-interface for the AI Booster program.
The driver gives the AI Booster access to the clockgen and
the like. Try installing AI Booster and see if the pesky
requests go away. You don't have to use AI Booster after
that - just ignore it.

The ATK stands for AsusTek. No idea what the 0110 means.

Paul

name

I had the same problem even after installing AI Booster. I finally went to
device mgr/system devices and disabled, I forget, it either said "other" or
"unknown device". AFAIK you don't have to install this and does not affect
your system.

john
> In article <7kYif.1185$(E-Mail Removed)>, "Natéag"
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>> After installing Windows, it it requests the above utility.
>> repeatedly, even if I check the "Do not ask me again"
>> button. I could not find the *.sys file on my AN8-E
>> CD. After searching the Web, I found that it was
>> safe - and I eventually found and installed the file.
>>
>> What purpose does it serve? Whether I disable it
>> Device Manager or not, does not seem to make any
>> difference ?
>>
>> TIA.

> That is the pseudo-interface for the AI Booster program.
> The driver gives the AI Booster access to the clockgen and
> the like. Try installing AI Booster and see if the pesky
> requests go away. You don't have to use AI Booster after
> that - just ignore it.
>
> The ATK stands for AsusTek. No idea what the 0110 means.
>
> Paul

Natéag

Thanks all for answering.

I will have to keep that Ai Booster, since I just cannot get rid of it.
Windows will always ask for it on rebooting.
It is useless but seems to be harmful.
"name" <(E-Mail Removed)> a écrit dans le message de news:
av2jf.84$2O1.69@trndny09...
>I had the same problem even after installing AI Booster. I finally went to
>device mgr/system devices and disabled, I forget, it either said "other" or
>"unknown device". AFAIK you don't have to install this and does not affect
>your system.
>
> john
>> In article <7kYif.1185$(E-Mail Removed)>, "Natéag"
>> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>
>>> After installing Windows, it it requests the above utility.
>>> repeatedly, even if I check the "Do not ask me again"
>>> button. I could not find the *.sys file on my AN8-E
>>> CD. After searching the Web, I found that it was
>>> safe - and I eventually found and installed the file.
>>>
>>> What purpose does it serve? Whether I disable it
>>> Device Manager or not, does not seem to make any
>>> difference ?
>>>
>>> TIA.

>> That is the pseudo-interface for the AI Booster program.
>> The driver gives the AI Booster access to the clockgen and
>> the like. Try installing AI Booster and see if the pesky
>> requests go away. You don't have to use AI Booster after
>> that - just ignore it.
>>
>> The ATK stands for AsusTek. No idea what the 0110 means.
>>
>> Paul

name

Disable the device in Device Mgr, that wil end the problem.

john

"Natéag" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:Q86jf.78426$(E-Mail Removed).. .
> Thanks all for answering.
>
> I will have to keep that Ai Booster, since I just cannot get rid of it.
> Windows will always ask for it on rebooting.
> It is useless but seems to be harmful.
> "name" <(E-Mail Removed)> a écrit dans le message de news:
> av2jf.84$2O1.69@trndny09...
>>I had the same problem even after installing AI Booster. I finally went
>>to device mgr/system devices and disabled, I forget, it either said
>>"other" or "unknown device". AFAIK you don't have to install this and
>>does not affect your system.
>>
>> john
>> "Paul" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message

>>> That is the pseudo-interface for the AI Booster program.
>>> The driver gives the AI Booster access to the clockgen and
>>> the like. Try installing AI Booster and see if the pesky
>>> requests go away. You don't have to use AI Booster after
>>> that - just ignore it.
>>>
>>> The ATK stands for AsusTek. No idea what the 0110 means.
>>>
>>> Paul

Dave

Had the same prob, downloaded ai booster, unzipped and updated driver in
system manager. prob solved
"name" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> Disable the device in Device Mgr, that wil end the problem.
>
> john
>
> "Natéag" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:Q86jf.78426$(E-Mail Removed).. .
>> Thanks all for answering.
>>
>> I will have to keep that Ai Booster, since I just cannot get rid of it.
>> Windows will always ask for it on rebooting.
>> It is useless but seems to be harmful.
>> "name" <(E-Mail Removed)> a écrit dans le message de news:
>> av2jf.84$2O1.69@trndny09...
>>>I had the same problem even after installing AI Booster. I finally went
>>>to device mgr/system devices and disabled, I forget, it either said
>>>"other" or "unknown device". AFAIK you don't have to install this and
>>>does not affect your system.
>>>
>>> john
>>> "Paul" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message

Junior Member

i had the same issue ......
i put the ASUS driver cd
and then ran the "ADD HARDWARE WIZARD"
it searched for the appropriate driver'S and TADA the error was no more..
i guessed it was a motherboard issue.....and googled abt this while the drivers were getting installed and found this page .....the error is not poping anymore ..and there is no "UNKNOWN" device in my device manager list....