Motherboard Forums


Reply
Thread Tools Display Modes

Attention : Embedded Developers, we need you!

 
 
SQL Star International,Inc
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      06-27-2007, 09:25 PM

Hi all,

Our client is in the business of developing cutting edge Wireless
Technology and Devices. We are looking for Engineers to join our
client on Contract-to-hire / Permanent basis and work with their
Development team.

Brief about the division:

Customer engineering supports customers with all aspects of embedded
software and systems development. This includes assisting OEMs with
designs, providing training, debugging, assistance in optimizing and
integrating software. It exposes the candidate to the key players in
the wireless industry worldwide and places him or her right in the
heart of the dynamism of 3G wireless deployment.

This position is responsible for helping our customers commercialize
LBS on our 3GPP LCS implementation (LCS, SUPL 1.0) and SIM/USIM
Solutions.

The role requires interfacing with handset developers, base-station
partners and wireless carriers worldwide. Training, assisting
customers with software design, integration, development, system
debugging, handling customer Q&A, and interfacing closely with
internal developers are some of the key activities in this position.

Skills/Experience: This is a very challenging position that requires
the candidate to learn and internalize our client's software and
operation concepts very quickly. The candidate will support a wide
range of software discussions, ranging from low level embedded
software to high-level carrier features.

Key skills include

* Strong software debugging skills on embedded real time operating
systems

* Strong experience in C/C++ programming

* Previous Embedded Software development experience.

* Demonstrated expertise with tools and techniques used in debugging.

The candidate is expected to have strong communication and
interpersonal skills, high motivation, the ability to learn quickly,
and must be a self-starter. Backgrounds working on implementing GPS,
LBS protocols such as SUPL 1.0, Knowledge and/or implementation
experience in RUIM, SIM or USIM a plus. This candidate will be
responsible for driving OEM designs and the assisting OEMs in the
integration of our offering into commercial handsets and devices.

Additional Skills:

* Prior experience with portable hand-held devices and technical
support for customers desirable.

* Embedded or wireless system software development and integration on
telecommunications devices.

* Familiarity with ARM architecture, ARM assembly, emulators/JTAG-
debuggers, Spirent ULTS/PLTS test equipment, 1x/UMTS/GSM call box test
equipment, test equipment such as Oscilloscope/Logic Analyzers, test-
mobiles & logging tools an advantage.

* Knowledge of standards for LBS (SUPL 1.0, 3GPP LCS, 3GPP2 V1/V2

architectures) is a plus.

* Knowledge of standards for SIM/USIM/RUIM is a plus.

* Ability to work as part of a dedicated project team and
independently essential.

* Knowledge and experience in Windows CE/Windows Mobile a plus.

Education Requirements: BSCS/BSEE required with 2+ years of
experience; Master's degree preferred

Please send in your resumes to (E-Mail Removed)

Thanks
Badrie

 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
martin griffith
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      06-27-2007, 09:35 PM
On Wed, 27 Jun 2007 21:25:01 -0000, in comp.arch.embedded "SQL Star
International,Inc" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>
>Hi all,
>
>* Knowledge and experience in Windows CE/Windows Mobile a plus.


jeez, they don't even need DNA++ sequencing skills, must be in
Bangladesh


martin
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Pete Fenelon
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      06-27-2007, 10:18 PM
SQL Star International,Inc <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
> Hi all,
>
> Our client is in the business of developing cutting edge Wireless
> Technology and Devices. We are looking for Engineers to join our
> client on Contract-to-hire / Permanent basis and work with their
> Development team.


Since you fail to specify where these positions are, one can only assume
Bangalore (or India, anyway). Next contestant, please.

pete
--
(E-Mail Removed) "how many clever men have called the sun a fool?"
 
Reply With Quote
 
Paul Carpenter
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      06-28-2007, 07:36 AM
On Wednesday, in article
<(E-Mail Removed)>
mart_in_medina@ya___.es "martin griffith" wrote:

>On Wed, 27 Jun 2007 21:25:01 -0000, in comp.arch.embedded "SQL Star
>International,Inc" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>>
>>Hi all,
>>
>>* Knowledge and experience in Windows CE/Windows Mobile a plus.

>
>jeez, they don't even need DNA++ sequencing skills, must be in
>Bangladesh


Considering they also mentioned 'real time operating systems' as well
I suspect they are using the evolutionary time scale for DNA++ sequencing
in 'real time'.

Probably also require 15 years experience of "Windows CE", along
with 20 years of Windows XP.

--
Paul Carpenter | (E-Mail Removed)
<http://www.pcserviceselectronics.co.uk/> PC Services
<http://www.gnuh8.org.uk/> GNU H8 & mailing list info
<http://www.badweb.org.uk/> For those web sites you hate

 
Reply With Quote
 
Tom Lucas
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      06-28-2007, 08:12 AM
"SQL Star International,Inc" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
>

<snip>
> * Strong software debugging skills on embedded real time operating
> systems


Translation: Our guys built something that doesn't work. Can you make it
work?


 
Reply With Quote
 
Aly
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      06-28-2007, 09:39 AM
"SQL Star International,Inc" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
>
> Hi all,
>


**** off!

> Our client is in the business of developing cutting edge Wireless
> Technology and Devices. We are looking for Engineers to join our
> client on Contract-to-hire / Permanent basis and work with their
> Development team.


Are you really.

>
> Brief about the division:
>


Oh here we go.

> Customer engineering supports customers with all aspects of embedded
> software and systems development. This includes assisting OEMs with
> designs, providing training, debugging, assistance in optimizing and
> integrating software. It exposes the candidate to the key players in
> the wireless industry worldwide and places him or her right in the
> heart of the dynamism of 3G wireless deployment.
>


Yawns.

> This position is responsible for helping our customers commercialize
> LBS on our 3GPP LCS implementation (LCS, SUPL 1.0) and SIM/USIM
> Solutions.
>


Yes but do you understand what the words mean?

> The role requires interfacing with handset developers, base-station
> partners and wireless carriers worldwide. Training, assisting
> customers with software design, integration, development, system
> debugging, handling customer Q&A, and interfacing closely with
> internal developers are some of the key activities in this position.
>


Words.

> Skills/Experience: This is a very challenging position that requires
> the candidate to learn and internalize our client's software and
> operation concepts very quickly. The candidate will support a wide
> range of software discussions, ranging from low level embedded
> software to high-level carrier features.
>


Oh very important.

> Key skills include
>
> * Strong software debugging skills on embedded real time operating
> systems
>
> * Strong experience in C/C++ programming
>


Make your mind up. C and C++ and two completely different mindsets.

> * Previous Embedded Software development experience.
>


Yes, you've already said that.

> * Demonstrated expertise with tools and techniques used in debugging.
>


Well one would hope so.

> The candidate is expected to have strong communication and
> interpersonal skills, high motivation, the ability to learn quickly,
> and must be a self-starter.


**** off!

> Backgrounds working on implementing GPS,
> LBS protocols such as SUPL 1.0, Knowledge and/or implementation
> experience in RUIM, SIM or USIM a plus. This candidate will be
> responsible for driving OEM designs and the assisting OEMs in the
> integration of our offering into commercial handsets and devices.
>


The wizzle and the fizzle of the drizzle in the tozzle of the fozzle around
the Gozzle, makes it all work?

> Additional Skills:
>
> * Prior experience with portable hand-held devices and technical
> support for customers desirable.
>
> * Embedded or wireless system software development and integration on
> telecommunications devices.
>
> * Familiarity with ARM architecture, ARM assembly, emulators/JTAG-
> debuggers, Spirent ULTS/PLTS test equipment, 1x/UMTS/GSM call box test
> equipment, test equipment such as Oscilloscope/Logic Analyzers, test-
> mobiles & logging tools an advantage.
>


Well that would be start. Else you wouldn't know what was happening would
you. I hope you don't mean one these **** LA's from China!!

> * Knowledge of standards for LBS (SUPL 1.0, 3GPP LCS, 3GPP2 V1/V2
>
> architectures) is a plus.
>
> * Knowledge of standards for SIM/USIM/RUIM is a plus.
>
> * Ability to work as part of a dedicated project team and
> independently essential.
>
> * Knowledge and experience in Windows CE/Windows Mobile a plus.
>
> Education Requirements: BSCS/BSEE required with 2+ years of
> experience; Master's degree preferred
>
> Please send in your resumes to (E-Mail Removed)
>
> Thanks
> Badrie
>


Sorry I switched off. Does not compute. Syntax Error. Integer Out Of
Range. Variable mismatch. Danger Will Robinson, Danger Will Robinson.


 
Reply With Quote
 
Pete Fenelon
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      06-28-2007, 11:58 AM
Aly <,(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> "SQL Star International,Inc" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
>>
>> Hi all,
>>

>
> **** off!
>
>> Our client is in the business of developing cutting edge Wireless

>
> **** off!
>
>> integration of our offering into commercial handsets and devices.
>>

>
> The wizzle and the fizzle of the drizzle in the tozzle of the fozzle around
> the Gozzle, makes it all work?
>
>> Thanks
>> Badrie
>>

>
> Sorry I switched off. Does not compute. Syntax Error. Integer Out Of
> Range. Variable mismatch. Danger Will Robinson, Danger Will Robinson.
>
>


Splendid post, thanks

pete
--
(E-Mail Removed) "how many clever men have called the sun a fool?"
 
Reply With Quote
 
Aly
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      06-28-2007, 01:50 PM
"Pete Fenelon" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>
> Splendid post, thanks
>
> pete
> --


Oh but I did have my reservations after I clicked Post... :-)

It just drives me up the wall. Embedded developers, electronic engineers,
Linux coders.. They're all inheriently awkward and difficult to deal with,
such that this recruitment approach only ever attracts those that are, well,
not any of those.

I've noticed in recent years that there are a significant number of
potentials who come up with ideas and say how easily it could be done.
Often found on WWW forums where there are real problems needing real
solutions. Yet all they do is talk. Nothing ever gets done.

And this is precisely the kind of people who will fit in with this company.
By coming here they are looking in totally the wrong place.

The Wild Wild West of Usenet. Where stupid questions aren't just given
stupid answers. They're met with the screaming obvious. And this is the
kind of place that I like. The people who post here are ****-hot.

Like if I had a problem then I know that it would be explored FULLY here.
But equally so, I would be expected to actually put some effort in.


 
Reply With Quote
 
Roberto Waltman
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      06-28-2007, 02:17 PM
Paul Carpenter wrote:

>Probably also require 15 years experience of "Windows CE", along
>with 20 years of Windows XP.


No problem there - I have been using Windows CE (inflicted by my
employer) for the past few months. I do feel at least 15 years
older...

Roberto Waltman

[ Please reply to the group,
return address is invalid ]
 
Reply With Quote
 
John Speth
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      06-28-2007, 03:14 PM
> Hi all,
(and so forth)
> Please send in your resumes to (E-Mail Removed)


I have to chime in about this disgusting spam. This is the worst of the
worst headhunting ads I've ever seen: too long, buzzword overloaded, and
pretty much empty. It's all about the employer. What's in it for the
potential employee? There's no mention of location, pay, or benefits. The
only reason to answer this ad is desperation.

JJS


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Attention Asus Update Utility Scott Asus 7 01-05-2004 07:15 PM
Embedded TCP/IP Wireless : attention Mike C Mark Aren Embedded 1 12-30-2003 04:20 PM
Attention Homie! VOODOO-U Abit 1 12-21-2003 01:32 PM
K7s5a Pro (XP-1800 to XP-2600) (Attention HoneyX) Mark W. Everly ECS 4 09-25-2003 06:02 PM
Re: Attention Wes Newell Wes Newell Abit 11 08-20-2003 10:27 AM


All times are GMT. The time now is 02:40 PM.


Welcome!
Welcome to Motherboard Point
 

Advertisment