Attn; TomG IC7-G Bios update and Intel Raid

Bill Davis Jr

Tom,

I did some updating on my IC7-G this morning as we are having our
first Winter Storm of the season.

I updated my BIOS to 1.8 and have one question. I am running 2 WD
Raptors for Raid 0 and in the "Advanced Bios" Hard Disk Boot Priority
there in now three options. One is the Bootable add in Device" and the
other two are the WD Raptors. I set to the Bootable Device. IS that
fine?

Also I wanted to say I found what you were talking about with the
Intel Raid Application Accelerator Raid edition. With all the GUI
stuff. That was my bad. I was using the Floppy version. And it appears
that this one was not updated. So I downloaded the newer Raid Drivers
from Intel and installed them from within Windows XP.

Bill

TomG

after you flash the bios with either 1.8 or 1.9, the system first defaults
to having the ICH5-R SATA channel in the auto mode so it shows as a regular
IDE channel. one of the things I do is to go in and set it to enhanced mode
and raid enabled with raid bios enabled.

due to the setting of Auto and the controller functioning as a regular IDE
controller, it will show the two drives as boot devices. however, if you
save the bios and exit, then re-enter the bios setup, you will then see that
the two drives are no longer in the list of boot options. this is because
the ICH5-R SATA Raid bios now has the drives under its control and the main
bios does not see the drives. at least, that is the way it worked on mine
with both 1.8 and 1.9.

--

Thomas Geery
Network+ certified

ftp://geerynet.d2g.com
over 120,000 FTP users served!
^^^^^^^

news:(E-Mail Removed)...

Ping TomG-Intel INF File TomG Abit 7 05-08-2006 02:40 PM
ATTN TomG. Question: KT7A-Raid w/A9 Bios, WinXP PRO SP1, >160gb Ide. Will it work? TIA!! nobody@online.com Abit 1 09-21-2004 02:38 PM
TomG or other wise man please help raid or not? Tompa Abit 13 07-25-2004 11:09 AM
Ping TOMG....Intel Inf File DesertEd Abit 1 01-09-2004 01:09 PM
About Intel Celeron, Intel Centrino, Intel Pentium Mobile and Intel Pentium Chusqui22 Intel 6 01-06-2004 11:24 PM