au13 acting weird on boot

Joey jo jo jr. shabadoo

A friend built a computer for me based on the maximumpc lean machine.

FIC AU13
512 meg ram DDR 400
120 gig WD
WIN XP PRO

I have been having booting problems for the past week...
Sometime it will boot into the os, other times it freezes up during
post, other times it is very slow to find drives and won't boot in the
os

My friend was afraid I got a virus, so he was trying to boot from
floppy boot disk and/or winxp, but it won't even boot to that.

Could I have gotten a bad MOBO?

If so, is FIC good about replacements??

Is there a way to test the MOBO and know for sure if it is good or
bad??

TIA

DJ

Brian Rhoades Jr.

I have an AU13 and its a great stable board, sounds to me like a bios
setting may be wrong. Post more specifics about your system, like what
processor, etc.

Memory timings could be set too aggresively or something like that. Did
your friend overclock anything?

Brian

"Joey jo jo jr. shabadoo" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> A friend built a computer for me based on the maximumpc lean machine.
>
> FIC AU13
> 512 meg ram DDR 400
> 120 gig WD
> WIN XP PRO
>
> I have been having booting problems for the past week...
> Sometime it will boot into the os, other times it freezes up during
> post, other times it is very slow to find drives and won't boot in the
> os
>
> My friend was afraid I got a virus, so he was trying to boot from
> floppy boot disk and/or winxp, but it won't even boot to that.
>
> Could I have gotten a bad MOBO?
>
> If so, is FIC good about replacements??
>
> Is there a way to test the MOBO and know for sure if it is good or
> bad??
>
> TIA
>
> DJ

Alex Zorrilla

Unlike the rest of the world, Western Digital hard drives have a
jumper setting for "Single" device, as opposed to "Master" or "Slave". If
the hard drive is the only IDE device on the cable, make sure it is set to
"Single".

--Alex

"Joey jo jo jr. shabadoo" wrote:

> A friend built a computer for me based on the maximumpc lean machine.
>
> FIC AU13
> 512 meg ram DDR 400
> 120 gig WD
> WIN XP PRO
>
> I have been having booting problems for the past week...
> Sometime it will boot into the os, other times it freezes up during
> post, other times it is very slow to find drives and won't boot in the
> os
>
> My friend was afraid I got a virus, so he was trying to boot from
> floppy boot disk and/or winxp, but it won't even boot to that.
>
> Could I have gotten a bad MOBO?
>
> If so, is FIC good about replacements??
>
> Is there a way to test the MOBO and know for sure if it is good or
> bad??
>
> TIA
>
> DJ

Motherboard acting weird brian75844@gmail.com Asus 1 04-25-2006 01:14 PM
Radeon 9800 acting weird Andrew Z Carpenter Motherboards 11 05-03-2004 04:46 PM
Weird acting power-on button and AN19E Paul T. Winkfield FIC 1 04-12-2004 06:19 PM
AU13 boot problems Andy FIC 8 09-20-2003 09:23 AM
AU13 doesn't boot.... liaM FIC 1 08-15-2003 02:46 AM