Audigy/modem problem

Michael Hobbs

Sorry, but this is the newsgroup closest to my problem. We have a
SoundBlaster Audigy 2ZS and a ModemBlaster V.92 PCI. They run in a P4
computer with 1 gig of ram, and XP-Pro/Sp2. We need to be able to record
voice files (dictation) either as .wav files or as simply output from the
Audigy to an external tape recorder. We have been told to use the What U
Hear feature, but that does not work. There is no sound after the phone
rings. Can Anyone help us?

--
Michael Hobbs
Minneapolis, Minnesota

Shepİ

On Fri, 13 May 2005 23:59:36 -0500 If I have seen farther it is
because I have stood on the shoulder of giants "Michael Hobbs"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote :

>Sorry, but this is the newsgroup closest to my problem. We have a
>SoundBlaster Audigy 2ZS and a ModemBlaster V.92 PCI. They run in a P4
>computer with 1 gig of ram, and XP-Pro/Sp2. We need to be able to record
>voice files (dictation) either as .wav files or as simply output from the
>Audigy to an external tape recorder. We have been told to use the What U
>Hear feature, but that does not work. There is no sound after the phone
>rings. Can Anyone help us?

I don't know that software but check in it's settings for a,"Mixed
Mode" type setting.This is what some software calls the recording of
the sound card's input and set it to that.You can also try,"Total
Recorder",
http://www.highcriteria.com/

HTH

--