Audigy TOSlink Adapter for MiniDisk.

Woger MKII @wogerbox.co.nz

I don't know if you can get them here but only need a single out port from a
Audigy Sound card to Sony Minidisk Recorder..

Any suggestions..

Lenny

> Any suggestions..

Gooogle is an amazing resource. It can often answer questions such as
these. Try a query such as this one:
http://www.google.com/search?sourcei...link+converter

Third link from the top seems to be what you're looking for (it's this one,
in case the results page changes for you):
http://www.minidisc.org/part_Dayton_...converter.html

Now, I didn't follow any of these links to see if they're precisely what you
want, but hey, I can't do EVERYTHING for you! Also, I've been told these
things are pretty easy to build yourself, and Google should be able to offer
some blueprints provided it is fed the right keywords.

Woger MKII @wogerbox.co.nz

On Sat, 24 Apr 2004 16:58:53 GMT, "Lenny" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>> Any suggestions..

>Gooogle is an amazing resource. It can often answer questions such as
>these. Try a query such as this one:
>http://www.google.com/search?sourcei...link+converter
>
>Third link from the top seems to be what you're looking for (it's this one,
>in case the results page changes for you):
>http://www.minidisc.org/part_Dayton_...converter.html
>
>Now, I didn't follow any of these links to see if they're precisely what you
>want, but hey, I can't do EVERYTHING for you! Also, I've been told these
>things are pretty easy to build yourself, and Google should be able to offer
>some blueprints provided it is fed the right keywords.

Yes I spent 10 hours doing it and found No Articles at all.

Plus Creative uses a None Standard SPdif..

You have to get a Device that made for the SBlive or Audigy sound card..

Lenny

> Yes I spent 10 hours doing it and found No Articles at all.

Ten hours doing what? I would think it unlikely you googled for ten hours
and found nothing relevant, unless you didn't use any proper keywords or
such. Hell, I got a link to the device you need on the first page of results
with my first attempt...

Do you know at all how to use a search engine?

> Plus Creative uses a None Standard SPdif..

SPDIF is SPDIF, there is no "none standard" SPDIF. Either it is, or it
isn't.
The connector is different, true, but that doesn't matter. Just get yourself
an adaptor plug.

> You have to get a Device that made for the SBlive or Audigy sound card..

No, that is not true.

Woger MKII @wogerbox.co.nz

*******s.

>The connector is different, true, but that doesn't matter. Just get yourself
>an adaptor plug.
>
>> You have to get a Device that made for the SBlive or Audigy sound card..

>No, that is not true.

Seems like you just don't have a clue so why post at all.

Seems that you do not know a thing I have been using the net since 197x

Lenny

> >SPDIF is SPDIF, there is no "none standard" SPDIF. Either it is, or it
> >isn't.

> *******s.

Uh, LOL!

Explain then how this "none standard" SPDIF actually works just fine when
piped into any piece of equipment that accepts SPDIF input.

I've got my Audigy2 ZS connected to a digital receiver, and it works. All it
needs is a minijack plug in the digital out connector for $5 at most and
that's it. It is the same for the entire SB Live and Audigy(2) series. The
cards output quite normal SPDIF without exception, through a different kind
of connector.

> Seems that you do not know a thing I have been using the net since 197x

Uh... Riiight.

First of all, the "net" didn't exist in the 70s, and second... Well, I don't
really need to continue.

Stop making an ass out of yourself and at least pretend to be grateful when
people try to help you. If you're so ****ing smart, how come you had to ask
in the first place, huh?

Woger MKII @wogerbox.co.nz

On Sun, 25 Apr 2004 12:58:36 GMT, "Lenny" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>> >SPDIF is SPDIF, there is no "none standard" SPDIF. Either it is, or it
>> >isn't.

>> *******s.

>Uh, LOL!
>
>Explain then how this "none standard" SPDIF actually works just fine when
>piped into any piece of equipment that accepts SPDIF input.
>
>I've got my Audigy2 ZS connected to a digital receiver, and it works. All it
>needs is a minijack plug in the digital out connector for $5 at most and
>that's it. It is the same for the entire SB Live and Audigy(2) series. The
>cards output quite normal SPDIF without exception, through a different kind
>of connector.
>
>> Seems that you do not know a thing I have been using the net since 197x

>Uh... Riiight.
>
>First of all, the "net" didn't exist in the 70s, and second... Well, I don't
>really need to continue.
>
>Stop making an ass out of yourself and at least pretend to be grateful when
>people try to help you. If you're so ****ing smart, how come you had to ask
>in the first place, huh?

Well a lot Smarter than you ..

Lenny

> Well a lot Smarter than you ..

Smarter? LOL, I'm not the one begging for help due to ineptness and
incompetence when using common internet search engines... Dude, to be quite
frank, you're completely clueless. You ask for help and then you get
obnoxious when it's provided.

You say the SPDIF out on Creative cards is "none standard", but you can't
say how it comes this "none standard" output still works just fine with the
right connector used. You lie and say you've used the internet since the
70s; either you're just making **** up to try and sound important, or you're
a senile, doddering idiot who can't tell fact from fiction. Simply put, you
have no idea what the **** you're talking about.

Congratulations! You managed to be unpleasant while proving your own
stupidity at the same time! Bwaa haa haa, you've been owned, dumbass...

Now, if you still need help, I'll try to provide it IF you ask NICELY. After
all, I have used the net since 1994 or 95, so I know my way around.

Woger MKII @wogerbox.co.nz

On Sun, 25 Apr 2004 17:54:47 GMT, "Lenny" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>> Well a lot Smarter than you ..

>Smarter? LOL, I'm not the one begging for help due to ineptness and
>incompetence when using common internet search engines... Dude, to be quite
>frank, you're completely clueless. You ask for help and then you get
>obnoxious when it's provided.
>
>You say the SPDIF out on Creative cards is "none standard", but you can't
>say how it comes this "none standard" output still works just fine with the
>right connector used. You lie and say you've used the internet since the
>70s; either you're just making **** up to try and sound important, or you're
>a senile, doddering idiot who can't tell fact from fiction. Simply put, you
>have no idea what the **** you're talking about.
>
>Congratulations! You managed to be unpleasant while proving your own
>stupidity at the same time! Bwaa haa haa, you've been owned, dumbass...
>
>Now, if you still need help, I'll try to provide it IF you ask NICELY. After
>all, I have used the net since 1994 or 95, so I know my way around.

But that just makes you are teenager when compared to me, and I have used the
net from the days it first started here in NZ, any the Audigy card in not mine
but a friend that is using a Minidisk recorder.

I found stacks of articles doing my none existent searches that the SPdif in
the SBlive cards were not standard, like not being +/- 0.5 Volt and some
quoting 9v, plus their is the 5V TTL version of SPdif..

Lenny

> But that just makes you are teenager when compared to me

I'm not a teenager, even 'when compared to you'.

> and I have used the net from the days it first started here in NZ

Oh, so it's not since the 70s anymore? LOL, I don't see why anyone should
believe a word you say by now, considering how your story changes over time.

> I found stacks of articles doing my none existent searches that the SPdif

in
> the SBlive cards were not standard, like not being +/- 0.5 Volt and some
> quoting 9v, plus their is the 5V TTL version of SPdif..

Except I actually USE my SPDIF out connector and have found it to be quite
normal in the way it functions, so you should listen to the one with the
experience and expertise (and that would be me by the way). There's nothing
funny with the SPDIF output on Creative's cards. It's SPDIF, period, and it
works just as one would expect to.

ATV2 - HDMI or TosLink? glawrie Apple 11 04-03-2012 09:00 PM
Toslink sound output from a MacBook Pro ? JF Mezei Apple 2 10-23-2009 08:56 AM
FPS2000 and Toslink Asad Chaudhary Soundblaster Live 0 04-26-2005 04:15 AM
Toslink Interrupts on Airport Express cfehde@gmail.com Apple 0 04-20-2005 04:24 AM
Creative SB Live! series card to Klipsch ProMedia GMX D-5.1 speakers via Optical Toslink or Coaxial Dale Soundblaster Live 1 01-09-2005 05:33 PM