tim draper

hey

looking for a new sound card, and the audigy2 ZS seems a good choice.

atleast, it would be if i could find some hard evidence of weather i can
use both my 5.1 speakers AND headset (headphones and mic) together, at
the same time

it looks like the ZS has an optical in/out, line in, 3x lines out's for
5.1 and the usual firewire. can i flip that line in, to a line out and
stick headphones through that port?

if not, is the Audigy2 platinum pro my only choice?

thanks
tim

Lenny

> looking for a new sound card, and the audigy2 ZS seems a good choice.

I sure like mine!

> it looks like the ZS has an optical in/out

The standard ZS's got no optical ports at all, it has one coax digital out
on the backplate, and a CD digital input plus the usual ext-connector
internally on the card itself. The more luxurious versions with the
break-out boxes probably have some optical connectors tho.

> can i flip that line in, to a line out and stick headphones through that
> port?

No, I don't think the ZS has any multi-purpose sockets at all.

Geronimo! g@yaxxx.com

On Sun, 26 Sep 2004 21:39:14 GMT, "Lenny" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>> looking for a new sound card, and the audigy2 ZS seems a good choice.

>I sure like mine!
>
>> it looks like the ZS has an optical in/out

>The standard ZS's got no optical ports at all, it has one coax digital out
>on the backplate, and a CD digital input plus the usual ext-connector
>internally on the card itself. The more luxurious versions with the
>break-out boxes probably have some optical connectors tho.
>
>> can i flip that line in, to a line out and stick headphones through that
>> port?

>No, I don't think the ZS has any multi-purpose sockets at all.

The Mixer shows 2 Digital Inputs..?

All the Line outs are for the separate speaker channels.

Lenny

> The Mixer shows 2 Digital Inputs..?

You mean SPDIF and CD Digital? Those are separate, not one multi-purpose
jack. CD Digital is a small 2-pin connector on the board itself and SPDIF in
is on the Ext ribbon connector on a standard ZS card. Things may differ on
the platinum editions etc.

[A7N8X] Audigy2 woes Sam Asus 1 12-18-2003 01:59 AM
KT7A and Audigy2 ZS Widus Abit 3 11-16-2003 07:01 PM
P4C-800E DLX with SB Audigy2 Dan Asus 4 11-15-2003 11:19 AM
KT7A-Raid ver.1+ SB Audigy2 problem TomJ. Abit 0 07-10-2003 05:37 PM
Best PCI slot for Creative Audigy2 on P4S8X Ironwolf61 Asus 2 07-06-2003 05:36 AM