AV8 - POST CODE 26

Cord-Heinrich Pahlmann

Hi,

i have an Abit AV8 3rd Eye w/ an Athlon 64 3000+ (Winchester) and 2x512MB
RAM Corsair ValueSelect DDR400 in Bank 3&4, should work on dualChannel.

I alway get a 26 Error, the screen is starting but i stays black....I
really don't know what to do and don't understand the post-code
description....

Lester Piglet

Try reseating your video card, try the ram in different slots, check all
connections and installed cards. I don't understand the error code either
but it looks like a hardware initialisation error. HTH

"Cord-Heinrich Pahlmann" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:Xns960EBCEECBE35SPAMnobodyhomeorg@62.153.159. 134...
> Hi,
>
> i have an Abit AV8 3rd Eye w/ an Athlon 64 3000+ (Winchester) and 2x512MB
> RAM Corsair ValueSelect DDR400 in Bank 3&4, should work on dualChannel.
>
> I alway get a 26 Error, the screen is starting but i stays black....I
> really don't know what to do and don't understand the post-code
> description....

Cord-Heinrich Pahlmann

"Lester Piglet" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:42274d3d$0$26720$(E-Mail Removed) :

> Try reseating your video card, try the ram in different slots, check
> all connections and installed cards. I don't understand the error code
> either but it looks like a hardware initialisation error. HTH
>

> "Cord-Heinrich Pahlmann" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:Xns960EBCEECBE35SPAMnobodyhomeorg@62.153.159. 134...
>> Hi,
>>
>> i have an Abit AV8 3rd Eye w/ an Athlon 64 3000+ (Winchester) and
>> 2x512MB RAM Corsair ValueSelect DDR400 in Bank 3&4, should work on
>> dualChannel.
>>
>> I alway get a 26 Error, the screen is starting but i stays black....I
>> really don't know what to do and don't understand the post-code
>> description....

Hi,

thanks for the fast answer...I have no PCI Cards but the GraphicCard. I
treid to put in different slots but i didn't change anything. I also tried
the ram in different slots. Thats didn't help neither....

I know diconnected all the power cords and resetted the cmos and also got
the battery off the board....Hope that helps...

dkh

"Cord-Heinrich Pahlmann" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:Xns960EC00CDED96SPAMnobodyhomeorg@62.153.159. 134:

> "Lester Piglet" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
> news:42274d3d$0$26720$(E-Mail Removed) :
>
>> Try reseating your video card, try the ram in different slots, check
>> all connections and installed cards. I don't understand the error
>> code either but it looks like a hardware initialisation error. HTH
>>

>> "Cord-Heinrich Pahlmann" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:Xns960EBCEECBE35SPAMnobodyhomeorg@62.153.159. 134...
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> i have an Abit AV8 3rd Eye w/ an Athlon 64 3000+ (Winchester) and
>>> 2x512MB RAM Corsair ValueSelect DDR400 in Bank 3&4, should work on
>>> dualChannel.
>>>
>>> I alway get a 26 Error, the screen is starting but i stays
>>> black....I really don't know what to do and don't understand the
>>> post-code description....
>>>

> Hi,
>
> thanks for the fast answer...I have no PCI Cards but the GraphicCard.
> I treid to put in different slots but i didn't change anything. I also
> tried the ram in different slots. Thats didn't help neither....
>
> I know diconnected all the power cords and resetted the cmos and also
> got the battery off the board....Hope that helps...

Try one stick of memory in slot 1

2 sticks in 3,4 = dual channel

also try disconnecting your drives too
just leave the graphics card and 1 stick of memory

make sure your cmos jumper is on the right pins

you cpu fan is connected and spinning ?

--
dkh

straiton

If you can, try another power supply.I know this board has issues with Antec
TruePower(i have a 430W and it will endlessly reboot,stopping at POSTcode
26,52 and 6d at times) ) and some others.I'm running a Ritmo400W at the
moment, no probs.Abit website has listing of compatible PSU's(don't have
link handy), and Antec isn't listed.
--

SteveH
Abit AV8 Third Eye v1.1, A64 3200+ at 2340(9x260),1.5V CPU
"dkh" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> "Cord-Heinrich Pahlmann" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
> news:Xns960EC00CDED96SPAMnobodyhomeorg@62.153.159. 134:
>
> > "Lester Piglet" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
> > news:42274d3d$0$26720$(E-Mail Removed) :
> >
> >> Try reseating your video card, try the ram in different slots, check
> >> all connections and installed cards. I don't understand the error
> >> code either but it looks like a hardware initialisation error. HTH
> >>

> >> "Cord-Heinrich Pahlmann" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> >> news:Xns960EBCEECBE35SPAMnobodyhomeorg@62.153.159. 134...

> > Hi,
> >
> > thanks for the fast answer...I have no PCI Cards but the GraphicCard.
> > I treid to put in different slots but i didn't change anything. I also
> > tried the ram in different slots. Thats didn't help neither....
> >
> > I know diconnected all the power cords and resetted the cmos and also
> > got the battery off the board....Hope that helps...
> >

> Try one stick of memory in slot 1
>
> 2 sticks in 3,4 = dual channel
>
> also try disconnecting your drives too
> just leave the graphics card and 1 stick of memory
>
> make sure your cmos jumper is on the right pins
>
> you cpu fan is connected and spinning ?
>

> --
> dkh

Luis M. Huesch

Cord-Heinrich Pahlmann wrote:
> Hi,
>
> i have an Abit AV8 3rd Eye w/ an Athlon 64 3000+ (Winchester) and 2x512MB
> RAM Corsair ValueSelect DDR400 in Bank 3&4, should work on dualChannel.
>
> I alway get a 26 Error, the screen is starting but i stays black....I
> really don't know what to do and don't understand the post-code
> description....

Hi, Herr Pahlmann,

had a similar problem with my new AV8 3rd Eye m/b stopping on POST code
25 after I installed a PCI modem (which XP SP2 didn't like, anyway but
which worked fine).

I cleared the BIOS several times, and the thing came back to life, with
the Abit Radeon 9600XT-VIO display card showing the XP boot screen etc.
But whenever I shut down the machine and rebooted, the same blank screen
every time.

Finally I looked more carefully at the POST code 25 and noticed it talks
about early PCI initialisation, including search for a valid VGA card
and VGA BIOS - now the BIOS resets always defaulted back to initialise
the VGA first rather than the AGP card I have, so I figured there was a
PCI conflict. I ripped out the PCI modem and all was fine again
(except for the fact that the uGuru clock now showed CPU temps of
between 10 and 20 degrees centigrade when it was 29 C outside!

Abit has been prompt and helpful, suggesting upgrading to the latest
BIOS version, which indeed fixed the problem!

In your case with the POST code 26, it may also point to a PCI issue, as
indicated by line two of item 1.

Alternatively, the PSU doesn't provide acceptable readings, or the
hardware monitoring, e.g. uGuru, doesn't get initialised.

BTW, I found Antec's Truepower 380W PSU in my Antec Sonata case adequate
for my system (1 GB DDR dual channel RAM, I Pioneer 108 DVD Rewriter, 1
160GB Seagate ATA HDU) - never yet encountered power-related problems.

Cheers,
Lutz [Huesch]

AV8 - 3rd Eye Motherboard Post Code 69 pabloardiles@hotmail.com Abit 1 03-15-2005 02:18 AM
AV8 post code 02 Neroon [Succ] Abit 5 01-21-2005 04:27 PM
SOLVED-AV8 post code 02 Neroon [Succ] Abit 0 01-20-2005 06:33 PM
AV8 post code 6.9. mrpayne@cfl.rr.come Abit 2 12-27-2004 03:49 AM
AV8 :post code 90 ROBERT LEUDEMANN Abit 1 12-10-2004 11:40 AM