JJL

Hi!

How big hdd can i use with this motherboard. I got one 20gb and one 80gb and
thinking of getting a new, as big as possible?

// JJL

Chris

"JJL" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:O_uZb.83467$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi!
>
> How big hdd can i use with this motherboard. I got one 20gb and one 80gb

and
> thinking of getting a new, as big as possible?
>
> // JJL

According to their website 137GB is the max. Here is the page:

http://english.aopen.com.tw/products/mb/AX34Pro.htm

Remember that you can go over this with the use the a PCI IDE card. Those
are available at www.promise.com

Chris

JJL

news:lP4%b.7789$(E-Mail Removed)-kc.rr.com...

> "JJL" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:O_uZb.83467$(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Hi!
> >
> > How big hdd can i use with this motherboard. I got one 20gb and one 80gb

> and
> > thinking of getting a new, as big as possible?
> >
> > // JJL
> >

> According to their website 137GB is the max. Here is the page:
>
> http://english.aopen.com.tw/products/mb/AX34Pro.htm
>
> Remember that you can go over this with the use the a PCI IDE card. Those
> are available at www.promise.com
>
> Chris

Ok thanks, but does this mean i can have several 120 GB HDD's or is it the
absolute max with all hdd's?

// JJL

Chris

"JJL" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:kgt%b.84223$(E-Mail Removed)...
> "Chris" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:lP4%b.7789$(E-Mail Removed)-kc.rr.com...
> >
> > "JJL" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:O_uZb.83467$(E-Mail Removed)...
> > > Hi!
> > >
> > > How big hdd can i use with this motherboard. I got one 20gb and one

80gb
> > and
> > > thinking of getting a new, as big as possible?
> > >
> > > // JJL
> > >

> > According to their website 137GB is the max. Here is the page:
> >
> > http://english.aopen.com.tw/products/mb/AX34Pro.htm
> >
> > Remember that you can go over this with the use the a PCI IDE card.

Those
> > are available at www.promise.com
> >
> > Chris
> >

> Ok thanks, but does this mean i can have several 120 GB HDD's or is it the
> absolute max with all hdd's?
>
> // JJL

You can have up to 4 of them without a PCI card installed. This would leave
you without a CDROM drive though. If you want the maximum storage space
possible without a PCI card, then use three 120GB drives plus a CDROM/CDRW
or whatever type optical drive you use. Each drive can be up to 137GB.

Chris

JJL

news:aSM%b.15826$(E-Mail Removed)-kc.rr.com...

> "JJL" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:kgt%b.84223$(E-Mail Removed)...
> > "Chris" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:lP4%b.7789$(E-Mail Removed)-kc.rr.com...
> > >
> > > "JJL" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > > news:O_uZb.83467$(E-Mail Removed)...

> 80gb
> > > and

> > > According to their website 137GB is the max. Here is the page:
> > >
> > > http://english.aopen.com.tw/products/mb/AX34Pro.htm
> > >
> > > Remember that you can go over this with the use the a PCI IDE card.

> Those
> > > are available at www.promise.com
> > >
> > > Chris
> > >

> > Ok thanks, but does this mean i can have several 120 GB HDD's or is it

the
> > absolute max with all hdd's?
> >
> > // JJL
> >

> You can have up to 4 of them without a PCI card installed. This would

leave
> you without a CDROM drive though. If you want the maximum storage space
> possible without a PCI card, then use three 120GB drives plus a CDROM/CDRW
> or whatever type optical drive you use. Each drive can be up to 137GB.
>
> Chris

Ok thanks

// JJL