AX4C Max II without Intel Raid (ICH5)

tlviewer

Hello,

Is it possible that Aopen would release this board without the
Raid edition of the ICH5 controller?

The Intel App. Accelerator installer reports that I have a
Chipset that doesn't support Raid!! How can this be. Every
doc that came with the board says I have the ICH5(R).

Further, when I try to boot up with 2 SATA drives on
ICH5, it won't even post. It does with only one drive.

Very strange. I have emailed NewEgg support too, since
their site also claimed Raid support by ICH5(R).

Any help is appreciated.
tia,
tlviewer

Richard Hopkins

"tlviewer" wrote in message...
> Is it possible that Aopen would release this board without the
> Raid edition of the ICH5 controller?

Why are you asking about AOpen boards on the Abit group?

> The Intel App. Accelerator installer reports that I have a
> Chipset that doesn't support Raid!! How can this be.

If Abit behaviour is any guide, you probably haven't turned it on in the
BIOS.

> Every doc that came with the board says I have the ICH5(R).

Indeed it does. It's hardly likely that AOpen accidentally stuck a vanilla
ICH5 chip on your particular board, so overwhelming likelihood is that it's
sitting there disabled.

> Very strange. I have emailed NewEgg support too, since
> their site also claimed Raid support by ICH5(R).

Not sure what you're expecting them to tell you, it doesn't appear at this
stage as though the board is faulty.

Either play with the BIOS until you find the setting that enables the RAID
controller, or, to save a bit of time, RTFM, as the answer's very likely to
be in there somewhere
--

Richard Hopkins
Cardiff, Wales, United Kingdom

AX4C Max II without Intel Raid (ICH5) tlviewer Abit 1 01-29-2005 11:42 AM
AX4C Max - BIOS & RAID Controllers Mark Taylor AOpen 0 07-26-2003 03:55 AM
Re: AX4C Max onboard Lan kbrooks78 AOpen 0 07-17-2003 08:33 PM
Re: AX4C Max onboard Lan c AOpen 0 07-13-2003 02:09 PM
Re: AOpen AX4C-Max motherboard keep rebooting Jason AOpen 0 06-23-2003 06:25 PM