AX4SPE-Max USB2.0 not working

tommy

I followed the instructions in the AX4SPE-Max manual to update the USB
drivers to support USB 2.0. I verified the installation as they
recommended and see that the host controller is now "Intel PCI to USB
Enhanced Host COntroller - ICH5."

But, when plugging in a USB2.0 external drive to any of the ports, I
still get the error message "HI_SPEED USB Device Plugged into
non-HI_SPEED USB Hub". This drive has worked as 2.0 on my last Aopen
mother with XP and worked beautifully.

Any suggestions?

WindowsXP
AX4SPE-Max
2.4Ghz

tommy wrote:
> I followed the instructions in the AX4SPE-Max manual to update the USB
> drivers to support USB 2.0. I verified the installation as they
> recommended and see that the host controller is now "Intel PCI to USB
> Enhanced Host COntroller - ICH5."
>
> But, when plugging in a USB2.0 external drive to any of the ports, I
> still get the error message "HI_SPEED USB Device Plugged into
> non-HI_SPEED USB Hub". This drive has worked as 2.0 on my last Aopen
> mother with XP and worked beautifully.
>
> Any suggestions?
>
> WindowsXP
> AX4SPE-Max
> 2.4Ghz

Do you have service pack 1 for XP installed? USB 2 won't work without it,
even with the drivers installed.

Chris