AX6BC and Netgear WG311 won't boot

Dave

I have an older pc that I'm trying to put a wireless NIC in (Netgear
WG311), but the system will not boot with it in. I have the latest
BIOS (2.59), but still no go. I have a PCI ATI RageIIC Video Card in
PCI slot 1, the Wireless NIC in slot 3 and an ISA Sound card in the
single ISA slot at the bottom. Everything works great when the card
is not in there, but no matter which PCI slot I use, I get nothing.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Dave

Dave

Maybe the Nic is bad.
Dave
another one

news:(E-Mail Removed) om...
> I have an older pc that I'm trying to put a wireless NIC in (Netgear
> WG311), but the system will not boot with it in. I have the latest
> BIOS (2.59), but still no go. I have a PCI ATI RageIIC Video Card in
> PCI slot 1, the Wireless NIC in slot 3 and an ISA Sound card in the
> single ISA slot at the bottom. Everything works great when the card
> is not in there, but no matter which PCI slot I use, I get nothing.
> Any help would be greatly appreciated.
>
> Thanks,
> Dave

Dave

I have three and I've tried them all. None seem to work.

Thanks

Michael J. Apollyon

Dave,

I wish I could provide a solution, but...

We had a similar problem with D-Link's DWL-520+ and an AP5VM.
Two different cards, both of which worked in other systems.
The system just would not boot/POST with the card installed.
We finally worked around the issue with a regular 10/100 NIC
and an external D-Link DWL-810+ Ethernet to Wireless Bridge.

news:(E-Mail Removed) om...
> I have three and I've tried them all. None seem to work.

Dominik E.

I have the same problem with an AX63 and SMC2802W PCI card (54MBit/s
IEEE802.11g). Newest BIOS revision, but no beep code or BIOS message, even
when there's no graphics card in the AGP slot.
SMC's support told me there's an incompatibility with the 3.3V PCI Bus.
I read something about blocking pin A14 on the PCI card on Aopen's web page.
Can anyone tell me where to find pin A14?

Thanks
Dominik

AX6BC AND 200GB HD JCNedd AOpen 1 10-25-2004 06:56 PM
ax6bc pro and cpu speed problem, pls help AOpen 3 06-08-2004 08:59 AM
AX6BC rev 1.1 and Celeron Copppermine 1100 netvegetable AOpen 5 03-02-2004 06:03 PM
AX6BC and GForce Ti4600 can it be done? Monty AOpen 5 07-09-2003 05:59 PM
AX6BC Pro Gold and Tualatin: Is this safe? Matt K AOpen 2 06-23-2003 07:03 PM