bad color and resolution on imac G5 20"

wim.taerwe@gmail.com

Hello,

I have a very strange problem with on of our imac. It's starts up
completely normal, and when the desktop appears everything seems normal
for one second and the te screen turns into 16 colors and a very bad
resolution.

The display system settings are currently set at millions of colours at
a resolution of 1024x768. Changing the resolution or the colours here,
doesn't change anything.
I have tried to install the driverupdate from ATI but that didn't help.

It doesn't seem hardwarerelated as everything seems to work fine for a
few seconds.

Thanx in advance for your help

Roger Johnstone

In <(E-Mail Removed) .com> wim.taerwe@
gmail.com wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have a very strange problem with on of our imac. It's starts up
> completely normal, and when the desktop appears everything seems
> normal for one second and the te screen turns into 16 colors and a
> very bad resolution.
>
> The display system settings are currently set at millions of colours
> at a resolution of 1024x768. Changing the resolution or the colours
> here, doesn't change anything. I have tried to install the
> driverupdate from ATI but that didn't help.
>
> It doesn't seem hardwarerelated as everything seems to work fine for a
> few seconds.
>
> Thanx in advance for your help

Go to System Preferences > Universal Access, and check the enhance
contrast slider is set to normal. I've heard of a few people getting
caught on that one. It's especially annoying because there's no mention
of it in the Displays preference, where you'd naturally assume any
display-related settings would be.

http://roger.geek.nz/

Proconsul

On 2006-01-30 02:23:41 -0800, "(E-Mail Removed)"
<(E-Mail Removed)> said:

> Hello,
>
> I have a very strange problem with on of our imac. It's starts up
> completely normal, and when the desktop appears everything seems normal
> for one second and the te screen turns into 16 colors and a very bad
> resolution.
>
> The display system settings are currently set at millions of colours at
> a resolution of 1024x768. Changing the resolution or the colours here,
> doesn't change anything.
> I have tried to install the driverupdate from ATI but that didn't help.
>
> It doesn't seem hardwarerelated as everything seems to work fine for a
> few seconds.
>
> Thanx in advance for your help

It may seem simplistic, but it appears that a trip to an authorized
repair facility is in order.....

PC

wim.taerwe@gmail.com

It was indeed the enhance contrast slider that was set to the minimum

Thank you for your help

wim.taerwe@gmail.com

This was indeed what caused the problem.

Thank you for your responses