Motherboard Forums


Reply
Thread Tools Display Modes

bad magic number in cd label

 
 
Christoph Krebs
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      05-09-2008, 06:56 AM
Hi,

I tried to install opensolaris on a Sun Blade 100, as I tried to boot
from cdrom the following errormessage appeared:

bad magic number in cd label

these are the things I have already tried:

- burn original iso with nero on a windows pc
- copy data of cd to hd and rename the cd label
- burn bootable cd with nero
- burn with a mac
- replaced the cdrom
- burn with alcohol120

is there anything else I can do???

Many thanks

Marcel
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Dave
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      05-09-2008, 07:52 AM
Christoph Krebs wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I tried to install opensolaris on a Sun Blade 100, as I tried to boot
> from cdrom the following errormessage appeared:
>
> bad magic number in cd label
>
> these are the things I have already tried:
>
> - burn original iso with nero on a windows pc
> - copy data of cd to hd and rename the cd label
> - burn bootable cd with nero
> - burn with a mac
> - replaced the cdrom
> - burn with alcohol120
>
> is there anything else I can do???
>
> Many thanks
>
> Marcel



You must write the iso file as an *image*, and not try to put the file
as a piece of data on a CD. The iso image will be bootable - it is not
something you should try to set in your software. The fact you are
burned it as a bootable cd indicates to me that you have done it
incorrectly, as you cant do that with an iso image.

I don't know your software type, but it should have some sort of
faciltiy to burn an image, and one option will be a file ending in .iso.



 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Christoph Krebs
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      05-09-2008, 08:23 AM
Hi,

thanks for your answer. But we brunes it as image and it didnīt worked...
best regards,



Dave wrote:
> Christoph Krebs wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I tried to install opensolaris on a Sun Blade 100, as I tried to boot
>> from cdrom the following errormessage appeared:
>>
>> bad magic number in cd label
>>
>> these are the things I have already tried:
>>
>> - burn original iso with nero on a windows pc
>> - copy data of cd to hd and rename the cd label
>> - burn bootable cd with nero
>> - burn with a mac
>> - replaced the cdrom
>> - burn with alcohol120
>>
>> is there anything else I can do???
>>
>> Many thanks
>>
>> Marcel

>
>
> You must write the iso file as an *image*, and not try to put the file
> as a piece of data on a CD. The iso image will be bootable - it is not
> something you should try to set in your software. The fact you are
> burned it as a bootable cd indicates to me that you have done it
> incorrectly, as you cant do that with an iso image.
>
> I don't know your software type, but it should have some sort of
> faciltiy to burn an image, and one option will be a file ending in .iso.
>
>
>

 
Reply With Quote
 
Horst Scheuermann
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      05-09-2008, 11:06 AM
Christoph Krebs <(E-Mail Removed)> writes:

> Hi,


> thanks for your answer. But we brunes it as image and it didnīt worked...
> best regards,


solaris 10: cdrw -i file.iso
--
Gummileinen nur für Gummihunde!
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
bad magic number in disc label..... amrut_k Sun Hardware 0 12-10-2009 04:47 AM
Bad Magic number in disk label Reed Sun Hardware 6 11-07-2005 08:57 PM
Re: Missing TIP features in SP2 - BAD, BAD, BAD Chris H. Tablet PC 10 09-10-2004 07:45 AM
Bad super block: wrong magic number in SPARCstation 4 Ivan Paganini Sun Hardware 2 05-29-2004 10:29 AM
Can I get a recovey number w/o serial number? Dr John Compaq 8 04-27-2004 11:00 AM


All times are GMT. The time now is 12:56 PM.


Welcome!
Welcome to Motherboard Point
 

Advertisment