bad power supply? - HP Compaq d330T

Tim923

I have an HP Compaq d330T desktop computer. I had trouble with the
computer powering itself off after about a minute. In the past I had
trouble with the CPU fan getting full of dust and loud, so once again
I removed it and vacuumed it out. However, after I put the fan back
in, the computer won't turn on. The red light in the front blinks
just a bit, but the computer won't turn on. My brother thinks my
power supply has gone bad. Or could it be a problem with the CPU fan?

Tim923

On Thu, 22 May 2008 06:35:21 -0400, "- Bobb -" <bobb@noemail.123>
wrote:

>Disconnect the fan and try it again with it out for 5 seconds - note
>change.
>if sensing fan issue, now should get "beep" code.
>if no beep , it's not caring about fan

I didn't get the beep code. I noticed a green LED lit up on the
motherboard under the floppy drive. Does that indicate that the power
supply is working? Where do I get a replacement power supply? -Tim923

Tim923

Thanks for all the help Bob. My brother quickly spotted the problem.
Two of the CPU pins had bent and that's why the computer wasn't
turning on. It's fixed now. --Tim923