Base System Device Which Driver?

dgrnyc@yahoo.com

I just bought a used Dell Latitude D800 and have installed Windows XP
Pro and Service Pack 2. I have downloaded the appropriate drivers from
Dell's support site and installed them. However, Device Manager still
shows one big yellow question mark item under Other devices which is
labeled Base System Device. What piece of hardware is this and which
driver do I need to install?

Thanks for any help.

Daniel

Basill

Did you install the chipset drivers first ?

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com...
>I just bought a used Dell Latitude D800 and have installed Windows XP
> Pro and Service Pack 2. I have downloaded the appropriate drivers from
> Dell's support site and installed them. However, Device Manager still
> shows one big yellow question mark item under Other devices which is
> labeled Base System Device. What piece of hardware is this and which
> driver do I need to install?
>
> Thanks for any help.
>
> Daniel

dgrnyc@yahoo.com

Thanks for the tip. That was it. I had installed the chipset driver,
but not the smartcard driver. Once I installed the smartcard driver,
everything was fine.

Daniel

Base System Device Gundabah Laptops 1 05-29-2010 04:37 AM
base system device beheranira HP 0 03-02-2009 04:06 PM
Migrating from 10 Base-T to 100 Base-T Ethernet... john orlando Embedded 5 08-12-2004 04:07 AM
Base System Device Bernadette Tablet PC 5 03-06-2004 05:45 PM
Device manager Unknown Device & PCI Device (yellow warning) Alora Duncan Intel 1 02-02-2004 05:52 PM