Cam

My battery icon on my T41 Thinkpad always indicate 48% (without the
time, just the percentage) since a little while. When the battery is
fully charged, I think it is really fully charged although it
indicates 48%. It lasts about 5 hours and when it is empty and the
computer stops, the indicator (prior to stopping) also indicates 48%!

The OS is WinXP professionnel service pack 3. The battery icon was
working fine before but now... I've tried working with the power
supply window, to no avail.If someone could help me, it would be
greatly appreciated. If you need more information, please don't
hesitate to write.

Thank you in advance,
Cam

John Doue

Cam wrote:
> My battery icon on my T41 Thinkpad always indicate 48% (without the
> time, just the percentage) since a little while. When the battery is
> fully charged, I think it is really fully charged although it
> indicates 48%. It lasts about 5 hours and when it is empty and the
> computer stops, the indicator (prior to stopping) also indicates 48%!
>
> The OS is WinXP professionnel service pack 3. The battery icon was
> working fine before but now... I've tried working with the power
> supply window, to no avail.If someone could help me, it would be
> greatly appreciated. If you need more information, please don't
> hesitate to write.
>
> Thank you in advance,
> Cam

I believe this has more to do with the battery than Windows. You need to
make the battery recognize its real charge. Have you tried letting the
battery draw down on its capacity by unplugging the power block and
using your TP until it beeps, complaining it is running on fumes ...
then reboot and see what happens?

--
John Doue

Cam

On 16 fév, 11:37, John Doue <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Cam wrote:
> > My battery icon on my T41 Thinkpad always indicate 48% (without the
> > time, just the percentage) since a little while. When the battery is
> > fully charged, I think it is really fully charged although it
> > indicates 48%. It lasts about 5 hours and when it is empty and the
> > computer stops, the indicator (prior to stopping) also indicates 48%!

> > The OS is WinXP professionnel service pack 3. The battery icon was
> > working fine before but now... I've tried working with the power
> > supply window, to no avail.If someone could help me, it would be
> > greatly appreciated. If you need more information, please don't
> > hesitate to write.

> > Thank you in advance,
> > Cam

> I believe this has more to do with the battery than Windows. You need to
> make the battery recognize its real charge. Have you tried letting the
> battery draw down on its capacity by unplugging the power block and
> using your TP until it beeps, complaining it is running on fumes ...
> then reboot and see what happens?
>
> --
> John Doue

Thanks, I will try that but I must say that when the battery is dead,
the computer just shuts off with no warning. It used to warn before
this situation but not anymore...

Thanks again,
Cam

Woody

99% chance it is the logic in the battery. Yes the battery has the logic to
keep track of the charge level. Replace the battery. The system won't shut
off because as far as it is concerned there is 48% charge in the battery.

"Cam" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
On 16 fév, 11:37, John Doue <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Cam wrote:
> > My battery icon on my T41 Thinkpad always indicate 48% (without the
> > time, just the percentage) since a little while. When the battery is
> > fully charged, I think it is really fully charged although it
> > indicates 48%. It lasts about 5 hours and when it is empty and the
> > computer stops, the indicator (prior to stopping) also indicates 48%!

> > The OS is WinXP professionnel service pack 3. The battery icon was
> > working fine before but now... I've tried working with the power
> > supply window, to no avail.If someone could help me, it would be
> > greatly appreciated. If you need more information, please don't
> > hesitate to write.

> > Thank you in advance,
> > Cam

> I believe this has more to do with the battery than Windows. You need to
> make the battery recognize its real charge. Have you tried letting the
> battery draw down on its capacity by unplugging the power block and
> using your TP until it beeps, complaining it is running on fumes ...
> then reboot and see what happens?
>
> --
> John Doue

Thanks, I will try that but I must say that when the battery is dead,
the computer just shuts off with no warning. It used to warn before
this situation but not anymore...

Thanks again,
Cam

document icon turns into folder icon Art Werschulz Apple 1 09-17-2005 05:47 AM
Battery Life Icon I6000 Josh Dell 1 08-17-2005 11:41 AM
Custom folder icon from a folder icon? Sensei Apple 6 05-21-2005 03:54 PM
How to adjust refresh rate for power/battery system tray icon? Darwin Laptops 0 02-12-2004 04:12 AM
How to adjust refresh rate for power/battery system tray icon? Darwin Compaq 0 02-12-2004 04:12 AM