David Vincent-Jones

I have a TM 8100 that is now 2 years old.

It is mainly used with the battery in place but as a desktop unit.

Anybody have any idea how long the battery will stay in good condition. My
experience with Dell previously was that I had to expect battery failure at
about 2 years.

Is there a test for battery condition?

Ernest Fowler

David,

All you need to do is run the laptop on battery power until it shuts down.
It should hold up for about two hours. Acer ePower Manager settings for
your battery are probably still at their default so your laptop should quit
at about 20% power remaining. Note the start and end times and you will
have a fair idea of how good the battery is.

Hope this helps.

Ernest Fowler
Kansas City, Kansas, USA

"David Vincent-Jones" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
I have a TM 8100 that is now 2 years old.

It is mainly used with the battery in place but as a desktop unit.

Anybody have any idea how long the battery will stay in good condition. My
experience with Dell previously was that I had to expect battery failure at
about 2 years.

Is there a test for battery condition?

Declining battery life: e1405 with 9-cell battery notaguru Dell 12 09-05-2007 05:12 AM
Battery Life Toshiba P100-ST1072, 9-cell Battery Dave Laptops 0 03-16-2007 05:58 PM
average battery life Cyndi Dell 2 10-21-2003 02:04 AM
Battery life of IBM T-40 with "ultrabay" battery? timeOday Laptops 1 09-10-2003 05:14 AM
looking for used laptop with long battery life Phil Schuman Compaq 0 08-07-2003 02:45 PM