BE6IIv2.0, USB version & running XP

Roadhair

I have a BE6IIv1.2 that I've updated to a 2.0 (bios version ber_z72c,
courtesy of Tom G). Can anyone tell me what USB version is supported on
this board and if it will run WinXP home version?

Thanks in advance,
RH

JK

On Mon, 28 Mar 2005 19:09:34 -0800, "Roadhair" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>I have a BE6IIv1.2 that I've updated to a 2.0 (bios version ber_z72c,
>courtesy of Tom G). Can anyone tell me what USB version is supported on
>this board and if it will run WinXP home version?

It will run windows xp fine. I have done that. Usb version is the old
kind, - I am not sure about 1.0 or 1.1.
One could add an usb 2.0 pci card.

best regards

John

Richard Hopkins

"Roadhair" wrote in message...
>I have a BE6IIv1.2 that I've updated to a 2.0 (bios version ber_z72c,
>courtesy of Tom G).

Cough, and with a little bit of help from the bloke who actually made the
BIOS. ;-)

> Can anyone tell me what USB version is supported on this board

1.1

> and if it will run WinXP home version?

Yep, no problems at all. In fact, XP drivers are included in the Z72C
package. ;-)
--

Richard Hopkins
Cardiff, Wales, United Kingdom

Richard Hopkins

>"Roadhair" wrote in message...
>I have a BE6IIv1.2 that I've updated to a 2.0 (bios version ber_z72c,
>courtesy of Tom G).

....with a little bit of help from Abit, and the bloke who actually made the
custom BIOS. ;-)

> Can anyone tell me what USB version is supported on this board

1.1

> and if it will run WinXP home version?

Yep, no problems at all. In fact, XP drivers and installation instructions
are included in the Z72C package. ;-)
--

Richard Hopkins
Cardiff, Wales, United Kingdom

Roadhair

Sorry to leave you out of the "credits" Richard. Thanks for all your fine
work. It is definately appreciated by all or at least by me.
RH )

news:42494ff6$0$294$(E-Mail Removed)...