Be7 (first edition) Prescott FSB533 supported ?

tester

Hello!
Does Be7 (first edition) supports Prescott FSB533?

Richard Hopkins

"tester" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message...
> Does Be7 (first edition) supports Prescott FSB533?

Not according to Abit. You may be able to get it to POST, but how much
further than that you get is a bit of a nebulous point.

There doesn't appear to be any Prescott microcode support in the last BE7
BIOS, and in any case, IIRC the BE7 doesn't have a four phase power supply
section, and thus may get stressed keeping up with a Prescott's power
requirements, even the 2.8/533/non-HT, especially if you try and overclock
it.
--

Richard Hopkins
Cardiff, Wales, United Kingdom

tester

Użytkownik Richard Hopkins napisał:
> "tester" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message...
>
>> Does Be7 (first edition) supports Prescott FSB533?

> Not according to Abit. You may be able to get it to POST, but how much
> further than that you get is a bit of a nebulous point.
>
> There doesn't appear to be any Prescott microcode support in the last
> BE7 BIOS, and in any case, IIRC the BE7 doesn't have a four phase power
> supply section, and thus may get stressed keeping up with a Prescott's
> power requirements, even the 2.8/533/non-HT, especially if you try and
> overclock it.

Another question, do You know if ABIT TH7II-RAID supports FSB 533 with 800-45 Rambuses?

tester

Użytkownik Richard Hopkins napisał:

> "tester" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message...
>
>> Does Be7 (first edition) supports Prescott FSB533?

> Not according to Abit. You may be able to get it to POST, but how much
> further than that you get is a bit of a nebulous point.
>
> There doesn't appear to be any Prescott microcode support in the last
> BE7 BIOS, and in any case, IIRC the BE7 doesn't have a four phase power
> supply section, and thus may get stressed keeping up with a Prescott's
> power requirements, even the 2.8/533/non-HT, especially if you try and
> overclock it.

What is the best intel processor spec nad number for this board?

Richard Hopkins

"tester" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message...
> Another question, do You know if ABIT TH7II-RAID supports
> FSB 533 with 800-45 Rambuses?

Not the slightest idea I'm afraid, as I avoided the Rambus based products
like the plague. No doubt others will have tried it - have you tried
searching the group on Google?

> What is the best intel processor spec nad number for this board?

For the BE7? Arguably it'd be the 3.06/533/HT. You may be able to get an
800FSB part running at default speed with good DDR400, but then again, you
may not. At least with the 3.06 you're guaranteed good performance, and
should be able to get some more via a bit of judicious overclocking.
--

Richard Hopkins
Cardiff, Wales, United Kingdom

Prescott on a BE7-RAID? Colon Terminus Abit 2 06-30-2004 04:04 PM
it7 max2 and a p4 3.06 fsb533 Soukouss Abit 2 12-10-2003 11:35 PM
Re: BE7 USB issue Wordsworth Abit 0 08-01-2003 04:32 PM
BE7 USB issue Joe Abit 0 08-01-2003 11:31 AM
BE7-RAID and IS7 CPU temps too high? R. J. Salvi Abit 3 07-18-2003 04:33 PM