MWB

My friends Dell

Beep code 4-2 and it's toast. Anyone know what this beep code is?? He
swapped out the power supply with no luck.

Mark

Ben Myers

MWB wrote:
> My friends Dell
>
> Beep code 4-2 and it's toast. Anyone know what this beep code is?? He
> swapped out the power supply with no luck.
>

> Mark

What model of Dell??? ... Ben Myers

MWB

"Ben Myers" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:h3qpah$6kh$(E-Mail Removed)-september.org...
> MWB wrote:
>> My friends Dell
>>
>> Beep code 4-2 and it's toast. Anyone know what this beep code is?? He
>> swapped out the power supply with no luck.
>>

>> Mark

> What model of Dell??? ... Ben Myers

Hi Ben...

I don't have a clue. He bought a new Acer.

There was one fan that had a cowling to the CPU and it wasn't working.

I was just curious about the beep code.

Mark

Pen

MWB wrote:
> "Ben Myers" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:h3qpah$6kh$(E-Mail Removed)-september.org...
>> MWB wrote:
>>> My friends Dell
>>>
>>> Beep code 4-2 and it's toast. Anyone know what this beep code is?? He
>>> swapped out the power supply with no luck.
>>>

>>> Mark

>> What model of Dell??? ... Ben Myers

> Hi Ben...
>
> I don't have a clue. He bought a new Acer.
>
> There was one fan that had a cowling to the CPU and it wasn't working.
>
> I was just curious about the beep code.
>

> Mark

You could send him here and see if there is info there. Beep codes are
unique to BIOS makers and/or manufacturers.

William R. Walsh

Hi!

Got to know what model to be exactly sure.

There are fault LEDs on the back of the machine and there is a speaker on
the motherboard that produces the beeps as you already found. The fault LED
codes for Dell desktops are fairly well documented and generally do a good
job of explaining the problem.

Beep codes only happen when the system can't get the video going for some
reason. So a bad (cooked from heat most likely) video subsystem OR bad/loose
memory is likely.

There probably was no need to buy a new computer, unless your friend really
wanted one...

William

Hello

Beep codes Wildman Abit 3 08-16-2004 11:30 AM
Abit KG7 raid , bios beep codes Frank Jensen Abit 16 12-05-2003 07:26 PM
A7V133-VM + PCI video = BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP? Lost Asus 2 11-13-2003 05:33 AM
BE7 - beep , beep beep zero Abit 9 10-07-2003 04:36 PM
KT7-Raid Beep codes help required Mark Ryan Abit 2 09-23-2003 07:00 AM