J.Lef

Hello Ben:
Glad to see your still on the group.
Out of curiousity how much (ballpark) would you charge to replace
the bulb on a gateway 4027 providing nothing else is wrong, such as the
inverter or screen?
Do you usually do both at one time, or is there a way to benchtest
the inverter, bulb, screen?
Much thanks for all you help for at least the last decade. Ever since
I had the trusty 386,s.
Much regards Jerry

Ben Myers

Not sure about Gateways, but with Dell laptops I replace the screen, bulb and
inverter. Dell, or more accurately Dell's system assembler, pairs the inverters
with the screens in matched sets. When they produce a new run of the same
model, it is highly probably that there will be a different screen and inverter
matched set with the same physical connector as the old one, but with different
voltages and even pinouts.

I made the mistake once of replacing the screen and leaving the inverter in a
Dell. The new combination lasted a couple of days before biting the dust. I
would do the same with a Gateway for maybe $250 to $300, depending on cost and
availability of the parts... Ben Myers

On Mon, 05 May 2008 17:40:34 GMT, "J.Lef" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> Hello Ben:
> Glad to see your still on the group.
> Out of curiousity how much (ballpark) would you charge to replace
>the bulb on a gateway 4027 providing nothing else is wrong, such as the
>inverter or screen?
> Do you usually do both at one time, or is there a way to benchtest
>the inverter, bulb, screen?
> Much thanks for all you help for at least the last decade. Ever since
>I had the trusty 386,s.
> Much regards Jerry

ATTN: Ben Myers again Nick Le Lievre Compaq 12 03-02-2006 07:30 PM
ATTN: Ben Myers Nick Le Lievre Compaq 6 02-17-2006 04:01 PM
Attn: Ben Myers-Hp Laptop Update Elector HP 1 09-09-2003 02:29 PM
Re: Attn: Ben Myers-Crazy Question Frank Slootweg HP 1 08-22-2003 10:14 AM
Re: Attn: Ben Myers-Crazy Question Ben Myers HP 0 08-22-2003 02:35 AM