Motherboard Forums


Reply
Thread Tools Display Modes

How to benchmark the speed of PCI-X, to ensure it is running at 133MHz

 
 
yancheng.cheok@gmail.com
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      07-23-2006, 10:11 AM
Recently, we just purchase 4 Tyan Motherboard S2882-D Thunder K8SD-Pro.

We had double checked the jumper setting, bios setting, we had ensured
that the PCI-X card is actually plugged into PCI-X slot.

We try use Mellanox Infiniband PCI-X card (HCA). We found out that the
transfer speed of Mellanox Infiniband is not achieving what we
expected. With the help of technical support from Mellanox, we found
out that PCI-X card detected it is plugged into a PCI slot, not PCI-X

May I know how I can confirm/ benchmark the slot 1 of the PCI-X is
actually running at 133MHz?

Thank you very much!

 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Roger Hamlett
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      07-23-2006, 10:49 AM

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
> Recently, we just purchase 4 Tyan Motherboard S2882-D Thunder K8SD-Pro.
>
> We had double checked the jumper setting, bios setting, we had ensured
> that the PCI-X card is actually plugged into PCI-X slot.
>
> We try use Mellanox Infiniband PCI-X card (HCA). We found out that the
> transfer speed of Mellanox Infiniband is not achieving what we
> expected. With the help of technical support from Mellanox, we found
> out that PCI-X card detected it is plugged into a PCI slot, not PCI-X
>
> May I know how I can confirm/ benchmark the slot 1 of the PCI-X is
> actually running at 133MHz?
>
> Thank you very much!

What else is plugged in (PCI-2 in particular)?. How is J41 set?. What is
J43 set to?.
There are some software diagnostics that will report what the chipset
registers are saying.

Best Wishes


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Peter Str÷mberg
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      07-23-2006, 05:20 PM
"Roger Hamlett" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in news:%
uIwg.78155$(E-Mail Removed):

> How is J41 set?. What is J43 set to?.


Eh, J41/J43 is for PCI-3 & 4 (PCI-X Bridge A), you must
mean J24/J39, which is for PCI-1 & 2 (PCI-X bridge B)
 
Reply With Quote
 
Roger Hamlett
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      07-23-2006, 08:19 PM

"Peter Str÷mberg" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:Xns9809C4D539579wilfriedspamcopnet@130.133.1. 4...
> "Roger Hamlett" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in news:%
> uIwg.78155$(E-Mail Removed):
>
>> How is J41 set?. What is J43 set to?.

>
> Eh, J41/J43 is for PCI-3 & 4 (PCI-X Bridge A), you must
> mean J24/J39, which is for PCI-1 & 2 (PCI-X bridge B)

Read the note under the jumper, with regard to PCI-X card speeds.
It affects _both_ bridges.
This is not made clear in the manual, but has caught me on this board.

Best Wishes



 
Reply With Quote
 
yancheng.cheok@gmail.com
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      07-24-2006, 01:04 AM
Please note that, all the jumpers are left opened. Also, except for
PCI1, all other PCI slots are disabled. However, the PCI-X card still
detect it is plugged into a PCI slot, not PCI-X.

Roger Hamlett wrote:
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
> > Recently, we just purchase 4 Tyan Motherboard S2882-D Thunder K8SD-Pro.
> >
> > We had double checked the jumper setting, bios setting, we had ensured
> > that the PCI-X card is actually plugged into PCI-X slot.
> >
> > We try use Mellanox Infiniband PCI-X card (HCA). We found out that the
> > transfer speed of Mellanox Infiniband is not achieving what we
> > expected. With the help of technical support from Mellanox, we found
> > out that PCI-X card detected it is plugged into a PCI slot, not PCI-X
> >
> > May I know how I can confirm/ benchmark the slot 1 of the PCI-X is
> > actually running at 133MHz?
> >
> > Thank you very much!

> What else is plugged in (PCI-2 in particular)?. How is J41 set?. What is
> J43 set to?.
> There are some software diagnostics that will report what the chipset
> registers are saying.
>
> Best Wishes


 
Reply With Quote
 
Roger Hamlett
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      07-24-2006, 08:36 AM

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com...
> Please note that, all the jumpers are left opened. Also, except for
> PCI1, all other PCI slots are disabled. However, the PCI-X card still
> detect it is plugged into a PCI slot, not PCI-X.

OK. This answers all the obvious questions. Have you got the motherboard
chipset drivers loaded (generally the slots will run as PCI, unless these
are loaded)?.

Best Wishes


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
new benchmark: core-2-core transfer-speed Elcaro Nosille Overclocking 0 03-02-2008 03:07 AM
Promise FastTrak 376 driver speed benchmark Lars-Erik ěsterud Asus 1 01-26-2007 12:18 PM
Ti-4200 to 7600GS upgade, compare, speed, benchmark Lars-Erik ěsterud Nvidia 13 01-21-2007 11:06 PM
What test(s) to run to ensure stability of OC? Mark Smith AMD Overclocking 4 11-08-2003 09:07 PM
What test(s) to run to ensure stability of OC? Mark Smith Asus 7 11-08-2003 05:19 PM


All times are GMT. The time now is 05:30 AM.


Welcome!
Welcome to Motherboard Point
 

Advertisment