Best "bang for buck" motherboard?

Stuart Southerland

I'm looking for a board that will run the fastest Athlons (hoping that the
64 will force price reductions).
For now, I'll put my 2400+ in it. Opinions on best sub $100 boards?
Thanks in advance.

Wes Newell

On Sat, 17 Jan 2004 13:11:42 -0600, Stuart Southerland wrote:

> I'm looking for a board that will run the fastest Athlons (hoping that the
> 64 will force price reductions).
> For now, I'll put my 2400+ in it. Opinions on best sub $100 boards?
> Thanks in advance.

$57 shipped from Newegg.

http://www.asrockamerica.com/Products/K7S8XE%2B.htm

Ben Pope

Stuart Southerland wrote:
> I'm looking for a board that will run the fastest Athlons (hoping that the
> 64 will force price reductions).
> For now, I'll put my 2400+ in it. Opinions on best sub $100 boards?
> Thanks in advance.

That's highly dependant on how you measure bang.

Obviously the boards with lots of onboard bells and whistles will provide
lots of bang cheaply, but if you don't require any of the bells and whistles
then it's irrelevant bang and so for you, not bang at all.

Athlon 64s are unlikely to force massive price reductions on the fastest
Athlon XPs for a while.

Ben