Best choice for travel laptop in Egypt ? (dealer support & heat/dust 'proof')

consultp@gmail.com

Foir a friend who will eb travelling between Egypt and Holland
(residence) a lot, I am asking for advice on the best choice for a
laptop concerning the following requirements:

- available for sale in Holland and/or Egypt;
- best operating qualifications/experiences in 'desert climate': heat
and dust
- good dealer network in Egypt (Cairo)

Thanks for any advice!

jimbo

(E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> Foir a friend who will eb travelling between Egypt and Holland
> (residence) a lot, I am asking for advice on the best choice for a
> laptop concerning the following requirements:
>
> - available for sale in Holland and/or Egypt;
> - best operating qualifications/experiences in 'desert climate': heat
> and dust
> - good dealer network in Egypt (Cairo)
>
> Thanks for any advice!

Get one with a holster for a 45 auto.

jimbo

Roy

>- best operating qualifications/experiences in 'desert climate': heat
>and dust

-> good dealer network in Egypt (Cairo)

A lot of computer companies are selling their wares to the the dessert
regions...
I know that Sony, Fujitsu, Acer, HP, Panasonic and Dell have thier
products there.....If you have a particular model in mind how about
contacting their head offfice of the manufacture and inquire from t hem
what items among their inventory are available in Cairo ,Luxor or
Alexandria?
Ask them also the locations of their dealers in Egypt.

BTW if your friend want notebooks suited for harsh climates in the
field then he should invest on a toughbook...

neo.talpa@gmail.com

> I know that Sony, Fujitsu, Acer, HP, Panasonic and Dell have thier
> products there.....If you have a particular model in mind how about
> contacting their head offfice of the manufacture and inquire from t hem
> what items among their inventory are available in Cairo ,Luxor or
> Alexandria?
> Ask them also the locations of their dealers in Egypt.

Good idea!

> BTW if your friend want notebooks suited for harsh climates in the
> field then he should invest on a toughbook...

Yes, happened to see those. But quite expensive.

http://catalog2.panasonic.com/webapp...l=Toughbook-51

We need something for round about 700 - 1200 euro.

These tanks are +4000 ;-)