Best external 7.1 soundcard for cinema sound?

Rune Winsevik

Hi!

I'm about to get me an external 7.1 soundcard, mainly for use in a HTPC
setup decoding cinema sound. I'm leaning towards the Terratec Aureon 7.1
FireWire, mainly because the phono outputs (I don't like those minijacks).

It's important, however, that the 7.1 callibration software is good. I
borrowed a Creative 6.1 card once, and the calibration software was very
good. Can anyone tell me what kind of calibration software that comes
with the Aureon card?

The best, surely, would have been to just plug a good mic in the card
and have some software doing the calibration automatically, but I guess
that's too much to ask...

-Rune