Best IDE driver for 8RDA+

DaveL

I have tried to install newly released drivers but I get
http://mywebpages.comcast.net/dl1027.../ide_error.jpg . Anybody having
any luck with any driver other than the standard WinXP driver?

DaveL

Friendly Guru

"DaveL" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I have tried to install newly released drivers but I get
> http://mywebpages.comcast.net/dl1027.../ide_error.jpg . Anybody having
> any luck with any driver other than the standard WinXP driver?
>
> DaveL

You have a system specific error. You must uninstall and reinstall the
Forceware Drivers for the nforce chipset.

Perhaps you have set a bios item improperly, or the HDD isn't (forgive me
for saying this...but you never know) IDE.

Faulty cable, faulty jumpers, bad windows install, any number of unusual
circumstances could have casued this.

Check BIOS for upgrade, Un/Re Install chipset drivers, do *not* let Windows
Upgrade download and install new device drivers!

DaveL

Thanks for the help but I find what you are saying hard to believe. This
system runs flawlessly. What jumpers are you speaking of? This board has
no jumpers. The hard drive is a Maxtor 80 GB IDE. Pretty generic. I have
tried it with two different CD burners. Hard drive and CD burner are on
separate channels and both have 80 wire cables. There is nothing set
improperly in the bios. All things IDE related are set to AUTO. Block mode
is on. I tried it with prefetch on and off, no difference. I have the new
bios for this board. I did not install any drivers from the Windows Update
site. I did uninstall the old drivers before loading the new.

I don't think this new ide driver is compatible with this board. Until
someone speaks up and confirms that it works on the 8RDA+ I'll continue to
think this way. I think there is an outside chance that this driver is
smart enough to know that it will hose my system if it were to install so it
does not.

DaveL

"Friendly Guru" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> "DaveL" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > I have tried to install newly released drivers but I get
> > http://mywebpages.comcast.net/dl1027.../ide_error.jpg . Anybody

having
> > any luck with any driver other than the standard WinXP driver?
> >
> > DaveL

> You have a system specific error. You must uninstall and reinstall the
> Forceware Drivers for the nforce chipset.
>
> Perhaps you have set a bios item improperly, or the HDD isn't (forgive me
> for saying this...but you never know) IDE.
>
> Faulty cable, faulty jumpers, bad windows install, any number of unusual
> circumstances could have casued this.
>
> Check BIOS for upgrade, Un/Re Install chipset drivers, do *not* let

Windows
> Upgrade download and install new device drivers!

Friendly Guru

"DaveL" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> Thanks for the help but I find what you are saying hard to believe. This
> system runs flawlessly. What jumpers are you speaking of? This board has
> no jumpers. The hard drive is a Maxtor 80 GB IDE. Pretty generic. I

have
> tried it with two different CD burners. Hard drive and CD burner are on
> separate channels and both have 80 wire cables. There is nothing set
> improperly in the bios. All things IDE related are set to AUTO. Block

mode
> is on. I tried it with prefetch on and off, no difference. I have the

new
> bios for this board. I did not install any drivers from the Windows

Update
> site. I did uninstall the old drivers before loading the new.
>
> I don't think this new ide driver is compatible with this board. Until
> someone speaks up and confirms that it works on the 8RDA+ I'll continue to
> think this way. I think there is an outside chance that this driver is
> smart enough to know that it will hose my system if it were to install so

it
> does not.
>
> DaveL

This is not a global issue, your problem is system specific. Your
troubleshooting has been advanced, but did not uncover the problem. (btw,
your board has jumpers, make sure they are seated)

Please compare your .INF to this one (link) to check for errors.

http://files2.guru3d.com/nvidia/nvatabus.inf