Bet You're Getting Paid Less Than Tim Cook!

Fred Moore

Top 50 Exec Pay (Cook's #1)

<http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2...cutive-compens
ation-2012.html>

Wonder if he could spare a few bucks to update Java for 10.5.

--
So let me get this straight?
Mandates to pay for American healthcare are unconstitutional.

Alan Browne

On 2012-04-08 13:38 , Fred Moore wrote:
> Top 50 Exec Pay (Cook's #1)
>
> <http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2...cutive-compens
> ation-2012.html>

Read that this am. No wonder the US Gini index is so tilted.

I said I didn't know."
-Samuel Clemens.

Király

Fred Moore <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Wonder if he could spare a few bucks to update Java for 10.5.

Apple has only ever issued updates for the current version and its
immediate predecessor. 10.5 is two versions old. Support and updates
for it ended when 10.7 was released.

--
K.

Lang may your lum reek.

Tim McNamara

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
Alan Browne <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> On 2012-04-08 13:38 , Fred Moore wrote:
> > Top 50 Exec Pay (Cook's #1)
> >
> > <http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2...cutive-compens
> > ation-2012.html>

> Read that this am. No wonder the US Gini index is so tilted.

Michael Moore was just about accurate.

--
And wackiness ensues...

JF Mezei

Tim Cook's "salary" is way out of whack with the rest of the folks. I
suspect this is because of a one time signing bonus. So it may not be a
fair comparison agianst CEOs who have been at their job for a long time.

Next year might be a better indication of Cook's "on going" compensation.

I have to wonder however whether one's lifestyle changes once you get
above 10 million per years. There is only so much money someone can
spend during your free time.

Kurt Ullman

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
Tim McNamara <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
> Alan Browne <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
> > On 2012-04-08 13:38 , Fred Moore wrote:
> > > Top 50 Exec Pay (Cook's #1)
> > >
> > > <http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2...cutive-compens
> > > ation-2012.html>

> > Read that this am. No wonder the US Gini index is so tilted.

> Michael Moore was just about accurate.

The thing that MM and all the others (especially the NYT ignore is that
current exec compensation is almost entirely due to a change in tax
policy in the mid-80s that was supposed to address problems in executive
pay.
It changed tax laws to effectively cap executive salaries at $1
million by making that the highest amount the Corp could deduct (and if
you look at K-1, most actual salaries still tend to be around $1 million
to this day).
Then, in an attempt to align the interests of management with the
interests of shareholder, they tax-favored stock options and
peformance-based bonuses. So, instead of being paid largely a salary (to
run the company) they were paid largely in options and bonuses (to run
the stock price). It wasn't two years later before the first
book-cooking scandal erupted.
Two other major outcomes. (1). Executive's total compensation went
to areas that even the most captive Board wouldn't have had the balls to
pay them. The second thing was the most interesting as the vaunted
executive pay to average worker pay ratio went through the roof. During
the 60s, 70s and early 80s, it had meandered around in range of 20-30
times. In the mid-80s (within a couple of years of enactment) it had
risen to more than 150 times and topped out in the late 90s around 300
times, still better than 250 the last time I looked.
Tax policy that was supposed to reign in executive pay did exactly
the opposite, yet the COngress skates responsibility.

Helpful Harry

In article <4f82109e$0$2071$c3e8da3$(E-Mail Removed) m>, JF Mezei
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> Tim Cook's "salary" is way out of whack with the rest of the folks. I
> suspect this is because of a one time signing bonus. So it may not be a
> fair comparison agianst CEOs who have been at their job for a long time.
>
> Next year might be a better indication of Cook's "on going" compensation.
>
> I have to wonder however whether one's lifestyle changes once you get
> above 10 million per years. There is only so much money someone can
> spend during your free time.

Just like all management-types, Tim Cook's on-going salary will still be
massively "out of whack" with normal people. (

Helpful Harry )

Davoud

Kurt Ullman:
> Tax policy that was supposed to reign in executive pay did exactly
> the opposite, yet the COngress skates responsibility.

The U.S. Congress is fulfilling its responsibility. The purpose of the
U.S. government is to care for, protect, and further enrich the wealthy
classes while preventing the middle and underclasses from revolting.
All three branches of government play their part, but the Congress is
the keystone.

you will say in your entire life.

usenet *at* davidillig dawt cawm

Michelle Steiner

In article <080420122111083870%(E-Mail Removed)>, Davoud <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> The U.S. Congress is fulfilling its responsibility. The purpose of the
> U.S. government is to care for, protect, and further enrich the wealthy
> classes while preventing the middle and underclasses from revolting. All
> three branches of government play their part, but the Congress is the
> keystone.

The problem is that congress is revolting.

--
Tea Party Patriots is to Patriotism as

Kurt Ullman

Michelle Steiner <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> In article <080420122111083870%(E-Mail Removed)>, Davoud <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
> > The U.S. Congress is fulfilling its responsibility. The purpose of the
> > U.S. government is to care for, protect, and further enrich the wealthy
> > classes while preventing the middle and underclasses from revolting. All
> > three branches of government play their part, but the Congress is the
> > keystone.

> The problem is that congress is revolting.

Which meaning of revolting (serious Question)? As in causing revulsion;
nauseating, disgusting, or repulsive or as in participating in a
revolution? Personally, I'd say the first.