better S-ata HD?

Jeff Labute

which drive would you guys pick?
Maxtor Diamond 9
Seagate Barracuda V?
or Western digital?

Jeff

Courseyauto

first choice is WD raptor if 36 gb is enough. Next would be MAXTOR, hey thats
the 2 drives i have...

dino

keep in mind Maxtor now only carries 1 yr warranty

Rob

Seagate's also have only 1 year warranty. I have 2 of 120 Ghz running
with no problems. My benchmarks in HDTach are not very far below those
of the 36 Gig Raptors that I've seen, with alot more storage space. I
haven't seen any marks on Maxtor drives yet.

Rob

dino wrote:
> keep in mind Maxtor now only carries 1 yr warranty

Vince

Rob <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:<GAiEb.592721$Fm2.545115@attbi_s04>...
> Seagate's also have only 1 year warranty. I have 2 of 120 Ghz running
> with no problems. My benchmarks in HDTach are not very far below those
> of the 36 Gig Raptors that I've seen, with alot more storage space. I
> haven't seen any marks on Maxtor drives yet.
>
> Rob
>
> dino wrote:
> > keep in mind Maxtor now only carries 1 yr warranty

Depending on which model drive you buy, Seagate may offer a 3 year
warranty. Check their website for details.

Eyman

go for the new WD 74Gb 10,000RPM drives if you can afford it.

otherwise Maxtor is a good choice

Eyman

"Jeff Labute" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> which drive would you guys pick?
> Maxtor Diamond 9
> Seagate Barracuda V?
> or Western digital?
>
> Jeff

dgk

On 18 Dec 2003 11:48:23 -0800, (E-Mail Removed) (Vince) wrote:

>Rob <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:<GAiEb.592721$Fm2.545115@attbi_s04>...
>> Seagate's also have only 1 year warranty. I have 2 of 120 Ghz running
>> with no problems. My benchmarks in HDTach are not very far below those
>> of the 36 Gig Raptors that I've seen, with alot more storage space. I
>> haven't seen any marks on Maxtor drives yet.
>>
>> Rob
>>
>> dino wrote:
>> > keep in mind Maxtor now only carries 1 yr warranty
>> >

>Depending on which model drive you buy, Seagate may offer a 3 year
>warranty. Check their website for details.

I saw that both WD and Maxtor have 3 years on the 120 (and above I
think). Hitachi only had 1 year. I didn't check Seagate but Rob has
120s and said 1 year.

Doug Ramage

"dgk" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On 18 Dec 2003 11:48:23 -0800, (E-Mail Removed) (Vince) wrote:
>
> >Rob <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message

> >> Seagate's also have only 1 year warranty. I have 2 of 120 Ghz running
> >> with no problems. My benchmarks in HDTach are not very far below those
> >> of the 36 Gig Raptors that I've seen, with alot more storage space. I
> >> haven't seen any marks on Maxtor drives yet.
> >>
> >> Rob

> >Depending on which model drive you buy, Seagate may offer a 3 year
> >warranty. Check their website for details.

> I saw that both WD and Maxtor have 3 years on the 120 (and above I
> think). Hitachi only had 1 year. I didn't check Seagate but Rob has
> 120s and said 1 year.

I have 2 x 120Gb Maxtor SATAs, both with 3 year warranties.
--
Doug Ramage

***Watch Spam Trap***

MikeW

The Seagate 160MB SATA drive has a three year warrantee. The
Seagate's are also the only drives <200 MB that are native SATA, and
PATA with a converter chip.