bios access in a Toshiba Satellite

Jeff Malka

I have a new Toshiba A25 S207 Satellite. How does one access the BIOS
during bootup? I want to set it to boot from the CD-ROM before the HD.

Thanks.

--
Jeff Malka
(E-Mail Removed)

Andrew

Jeff Malka <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
: I have a new Toshiba A25 S207 Satellite. How does one access the BIOS
: during bootup? I want to set it to boot from the CD-ROM before the HD.

My Satellite has a Toshiba Console in Windows (hit the little "t"
button near my power switch or find it in "All Programs") from which
you can change "Toshiba Hardware Settings". Go to "Boot Priority" to
change what you want. This is probably easier than doing it via the
BIOS.

Andrew
--
----> Portland, Oregon, USA <----

Barry Watzman

Hold down the ESCAPE key before turning on power and keep holding it
until you get an error message or error beep (the machine will think
that the keyboard is stuck or broken), then hit F1 to enter the BIOS
setup program, as it will say on the screen.

Jeff Malka wrote:

> I have a new Toshiba A25 S207 Satellite. How does one access the BIOS
> during bootup? I want to set it to boot from the CD-ROM before the HD.
>
> Thanks.

Jeff Malka

Thank you. That worked perfectly.

Since the laptop has no floppy disk drive, I wished to have the option to
boot from the CD-ROM before the HDD. Only problem is that the only option on
my Toshiba BIOS page is CD-ROM/LAN/HDD, etc. So now it searches the LAN on
bootup and because the cable is disconnected, I get an error message from
RealTek that there is no media, and then it goes on to bootup correctly.
There seems to be no option on the BIOS screen to skip the LAN and go
straight from the CD-ROM to the HDD in the boot sequence. Strange.

Do you know any way to get around this?

--
Jeff Malka
(E-Mail Removed)