BIOS can not Save

teduaty_2000@yahoo.com

When I turn on my Laptop it says Operating system not found. I enter on
BIOS setting witch is everything on default .I change boot order. First
boot Floppy, Second Boot CD ROM third boot HDD. Save and Restart
Computer woks good. When I Turn computer Off and back On
is restoring BIOS to default but I do not loose time and date.

Somebody help me please.

dave

Maybe the cmos battery needs to be replaced? I don't know if laptops have
cmos batteries. If this was a desktop machine then the cmos battery would
be the answer. Sorry but my laptop repair experience is little to none.

DaveL

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com...
> When I turn on my Laptop it says Operating system not found. I enter on
> BIOS setting witch is everything on default .I change boot order. First
> boot Floppy, Second Boot CD ROM third boot HDD. Save and Restart
> Computer woks good. When I Turn computer Off and back On
> is restoring BIOS to default but I do not loose time and date.
>
> Somebody help me please.

Davy

Could be the bios back up battery, the first thing I would suspect in
this sort of case providing you are pressing the right buttons to
'Save to Bios'.

The HDD should really be the first boot device... the other's can be
disabled since we are not going to boot from these.

Davy