BIOS Show Laptop's Model Part Number Wrongly

Shai

I have an HP Presario v6000tx running under XP SP2.

Laptop's Part Number on Invoice and on Bottom is GQ362AV.

BIOS states Presario V6000 (GB115AV).

GB115A is the P/N of the installed Intel Graphic Accelerator.

What do I lose in not correcting the BIOS?

Will I be getting the wrong updates from HP and/or Microsoft?

How can I correct the BIOS?

I tried setting the BIOS to defaults.

I also used a SP from HP and flashed the BIOS.

Shai wrote:
> I have an HP Presario v6000tx running under XP SP2.
>
> Laptop's Part Number on Invoice and on Bottom is GQ362AV.
>
> BIOS states Presario V6000 (GB115AV).
>
> GB115A is the P/N of the installed Intel Graphic Accelerator.
>
> What do I lose in not correcting the BIOS?
>
> Will I be getting the wrong updates from HP and/or Microsoft?
>
> How can I correct the BIOS?
>
> I tried setting the BIOS to defaults.
>
> I also used a SP from HP and flashed the BIOS.

I wouldn't worry about it. HP, Dell and the PC mass producers use a
"generic" BIOS that covers several of their models. Chances are if you
flashed the wrong BIOS the PC wouldn't post at all. If you look at the
SP you used, you will probably see that it covers many models.

Chris

Shai

Thank you.

On Oct 8, 12:44 am, c <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Shaiwrote:
> > I have an HP Presario v6000tx running under XP SP2.

> > Laptop's Part Number on Invoice and on Bottom is GQ362AV.

> >BIOSstates Presario V6000 (GB115AV).

> > GB115A is the P/N of the installed Intel Graphic Accelerator.

> > What do I lose in not correcting theBIOS?

> > Will I be getting the wrong updates from HP and/or Microsoft?

> > How can I correct theBIOS?

> > I tried setting theBIOSto defaults.

> > I also used a SP from HP and flashed theBIOS.

> I wouldn't worry about it. HP, Dell and the PC mass producers use a
> "generic"BIOSthat covers several of their models. Chances are if you
> flashed the wrongBIOSthe PC wouldn't post at all. If you look at the
> SP you used, you will probably see that it covers many models.
>
> Chris

Shai

Because the BIOS has the wrong Part Number, will I get a Color Purple
Error when I attempt using the Recovery Disks that I made?